Mentally Odd Transcript: Creatives and Dungeon Purveyors: Gene and Say
Find more from our guests here and here. Music from our guest can be heard here.
Find an audio version of this podcast here.
00:00:01.01
Wednesday Lee Friday
You are listening to The Mentally Oddcast. My name is Wednesday Lee Friday. Do find us on Koffee. This week, we have Jean and Say. And I met Jean and Say because I married into a family and they were in it. So now we're all family. And I feel so lucky to know these two.
00:00:23.94
Wednesday Lee Friday
um And since it's a show with two guests, we're going to have our guest. introduce themselves. So here they are.
00:00:31.61
Gene
Hi everybody.
00:00:31.63
Say
All right. Bye. One minute.
00:00:32.69
Gene
I'm. ah Gene, and I go by KingSan3.
00:00:33.70
Say
Gene, and I go back. in the front Great. i worth
00:00:36.66
Gene
I'm the ruler of House Aeternum.
00:00:39.22
Say
God bless you.
00:00:39.18
Gene
I'm a service Top. I do sensual.
00:00:41.51
Say
attention.
00:00:43.03
Gene
play and all sorts of impact things.
00:00:43.08
Say
play. I'm a daddy.
00:00:45.14
Gene
I'm a Daddy Dom.
00:00:46.30
Say
pan P .N.
00:00:46.29
Gene
Handler. pianist, gamer, and the gentleman.
00:00:48.39
Say
and the job.
00:00:51.16
Say
Say.
00:00:51.17
Gene
Say.
00:00:51.21
Wednesday Lee Friday
Nice.
00:00:54.31
Say
Yes, um I'm Say, and I am the head submissive to um House Aeternum. I'm a friendly disabled therian pup who enjoys role-playing, character creation, world building, and board games.
00:01:12.58
Gene
House Aeternum.
00:01:12.61
Say
nothing three
00:01:12.59
Wednesday Lee Friday
Nice.
00:01:13.90
Say
Yeah.
00:01:13.89
Gene
Yeah.
00:01:15.05
Say
Thanks.
00:01:15.03
Gene
Thanks.
00:01:15.95
Say
Yeah.
00:01:15.93
Gene
Yeah, Carolee, you do great.
00:01:16.42
Say
If you're willing, you did great.
00:01:18.38
Gene
We got a little bit more.
00:01:18.76
Wednesday Lee Friday
Aww.
00:01:20.25
Say
Um, health insurance for life.
00:01:20.23
Gene
HealthEternum strives. to create.
00:01:22.35
Say
the greed.
00:01:22.58
Gene
a union in between freedom of expression and creativity while blending reality
00:01:23.04
Say
I give you the freedom. of expression and creativity. mind Howdy.
00:01:27.97
Gene
and fantasy through.
00:01:27.97
Say
and industry through Serious.
00:01:30.68
Gene
sharing positive energy.
00:01:34.17
Wednesday Lee Friday
Nice.
00:01:34.45
Gene
awesome
00:01:34.94
Wednesday Lee Friday
Right on. Love it. So welcome to both of you. Um... Regular listeners know that we start always by asking guests to tell us the story of the first horror movie that they remember seeing, and I don't know either of yours.
00:01:54.38
Say
um Let's see.
00:01:54.73
Wednesday Lee Friday
Who's going first?
00:01:55.32
Say
Well, going going like way back to when I was a kid, my dad used to like always have just horror flicks on, you know, like the black and whites um like.
00:02:05.42
Gene
you know like
00:02:08.37
Say
um Halloween was a big one. Pumpkinhead, Leprechaun. uh dracula which is like the black and white the black and white ones and then uh i don't know what it's called but like it's got the headless horseman in it i think
00:02:21.98
Gene
I think it's Sleepy Hollow
00:02:23.30
Say
Sleepy house.
00:02:23.70
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yeah, it is.
00:02:23.68
Say
That's got me.
00:02:23.71
Gene
that's got ah I feel like that's the one.
00:02:25.10
Say
Yeah.
00:02:25.09
Gene
There it is. that Is that the main one?
00:02:25.52
Say
got me It was good.
00:02:27.13
Gene
Headless Horseman?
00:02:28.13
Say
That was the first one, yeah.
00:02:30.31
Gene
Ickabod!
00:02:30.41
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep.
00:02:32.40
Say
Um,
00:02:32.36
Gene
Um, For me, I'm not sure which one was the first one because of like VHS dubbing issues.
00:02:33.07
Say
For me, it's constantly changing. doesn't being
00:02:37.70
Gene
you know so they
00:02:38.42
Say
You know? the
00:02:40.54
Gene
They will record one and then tape over half of another one sometimes.
00:02:40.53
Say
they will report a new accident. over
00:02:43.91
Gene
so the movies get confused.
00:02:44.23
Say
the movies
00:02:44.72
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh no!
00:02:45.72
Say
views.
00:02:46.78
Gene
But.
00:02:46.95
Say
Right.
00:02:48.18
Gene
I know it was squirms that I think was probably the oldest one.
00:02:48.18
Say
I know. rooms. that people probably plan
00:02:52.59
Gene
um and The Return of the Living Dead.
00:02:52.59
Say
Um, The return. Yeah.
00:02:54.53
Gene
and Halloween.
00:02:54.92
Say
And how are we?
00:02:56.09
Gene
Those are like all all kind of together.
00:02:55.75
Say
That was it. have
00:02:58.94
Gene
But um for some reason with squirms.
00:02:58.93
Say
But. the Sunday news. words.
00:03:01.41
Gene
i get legend in there because
00:03:01.41
Say
I did. legend in there because
00:03:04.18
Gene
as I was saying, the vh prop VHS problem.
00:03:04.21
Say
as a representative of each product.
00:03:07.44
Gene
uh Legend was.
00:03:07.62
Wednesday Lee Friday
yeah
00:03:08.77
Say
Legendary. Right?
00:03:10.15
Gene
Right.
00:03:11.24
Say
Um, Word.
00:03:11.24
Gene
ah before squirms so you have you know Tim Curry you know
00:03:12.59
Say
uh experience So we have. take
00:03:16.23
Gene
off.
00:03:16.90
Say
he's gone
00:03:16.90
Gene
He's gone now, unfortunately. Wonderful man.
00:03:18.91
Say
Wonderful.
00:03:20.07
Gene
Um,
00:03:20.08
Say
Um,
00:03:21.04
Gene
But...
00:03:20.99
Say
But.
00:03:21.48
Gene
He was laughing at the end, and then it led into this Quirms movie where...
00:03:21.68
Say
He was laughing. video this times movie be where
00:03:26.16
Gene
the electricity.
00:03:26.67
Say
the electricity.
00:03:28.45
Gene
um made the worms want to eat.
00:03:29.32
Say
Amazing. or just like. You hear me?
00:03:32.09
Gene
humans I guess
00:03:32.75
Wednesday Lee Friday
Right. Right. Yep. Yep.
00:03:35.93
Gene
Yeah.
00:03:35.92
Say
and
00:03:36.13
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh my god. that is wild it actually reminds me of the time that my uh old boyfriend this you know, before I met H, obviously. Um.
00:03:46.74
Wednesday Lee Friday
My old boyfriend came over with a VHS tape and he was like, hey, they played that movie you like on TV. And I taped it and I caught all the the commercials out.
00:03:54.43
Say
See you.
00:03:54.29
Gene
See yeah
00:03:55.62
Wednesday Lee Friday
And it was it was Monty Python's Life of Brian, which I do love that movie, right?
00:04:00.17
Gene
Okay.
00:04:00.19
Say
Okay.
00:04:00.30
Wednesday Lee Friday
So we watched it and I was like, what a thoughtful gift. And he'd spent money buying a blank tape and everything. That's so nice. And then like. The credits started for like five seconds and then.
00:04:11.57
Wednesday Lee Friday
Bam! Hardcore pornography.
00:04:13.29
Gene
oh
00:04:13.29
Say
Oh.
00:04:14.10
Wednesday Lee Friday
but ah
00:04:17.51
Say
This way.
00:04:17.69
Gene
Oh my gosh.
00:04:20.85
Wednesday Lee Friday
Actually, Jean. Let's have you back up off your mic a little bit.
00:04:22.09
Gene
Yes.
00:04:22.10
Say
Yes.
00:04:25.61
Gene
How about now?
00:04:25.64
Say
How about now?
00:04:27.00
Wednesday Lee Friday
Great.
00:04:27.96
Gene
Okay.
00:04:27.96
Say
Okay.
00:04:27.93
Wednesday Lee Friday
Awesome. Alright. Um... Okay. so but i mean you guys aren't really horror people necessarily that's that's not your genre of choice Um.
00:04:42.21
Gene
Well.
00:04:42.23
Say
well
00:04:42.24
Wednesday Lee Friday
so
00:04:43.43
Gene
Mm hmm.
00:04:43.44
Say
Mm hmm.
00:04:43.98
Wednesday Lee Friday
and And that's okay.
00:04:44.10
Say
for it.
00:04:45.27
Gene
yeah like it's it's not exactly my thing but i do uh enjoy the dark side like i'm an october kid
00:04:45.27
Say
Yeah, like it's it's not exactly my thing, right? I do. uh, enjoy the dark side. I'm going to have to.
00:04:52.61
Gene
So Halloween's my default.
00:04:52.93
Say
So, Halloween is my b-fall. you know i kind of grew up in rudolph raising rudolph the red news reindeer
00:04:55.47
Gene
you know I kind of grew up on Rudolph the ra near ra rudolph the Red Reindeer and Nightmare Before Christmas.
00:04:56.18
Wednesday Lee Friday
Sure.
00:05:00.64
Say
And like a nightmare. conference This was like right there.
00:05:02.64
Gene
This was like right there. So that whole stretch from Halloween and the leaves start falling all the way up to Christmas is all spooky time.
00:05:04.11
Say
that whole stress in my mind and the leaves start falling away.
00:05:05.15
Wednesday Lee Friday
Right.
00:05:08.83
Say
Of course this is all spooky time.
00:05:11.32
Gene
so You know.
00:05:12.43
Say
You know.
00:05:12.60
Wednesday Lee Friday
Right.
00:05:13.44
Gene
But at the same time, though.
00:05:13.43
Say
but at the same time
00:05:15.05
Gene
um in the media that i watch you know i the way that they kind of do it and nowadays isn't been my my cup of tea for horror like i do like the older ones like if they did more returning living deads and
00:05:15.05
Say
Um, in the media that i watch you know the way that we kind of do it nowadays. in my cup of tea for hard. like i do like the older ones like if they did more we're tired of looking dead and
00:05:28.59
Gene
Halloween's Michael Myers creepy.
00:05:28.55
Say
Halloween Michael Myers movie.
00:05:31.20
Gene
stuff um then i'd be more in but it's got more into the gore side of of things and like you know, slashers.
00:05:31.17
Say
stuff then I'd be more in. he's gotten more in the before side of of things um and like you know, the splashing.
00:05:41.07
Gene
They're real good at that these days, but it's not what I'm exactly looking for.
00:05:41.05
Say
they're real good at that these days but is not what exactly we're causing as well.
00:05:44.77
Gene
Conjuring was all right.
00:05:46.00
Say
by the moment
00:05:45.96
Gene
but um
00:05:46.94
Say
dark fantasy really to win.
00:05:46.95
Gene
Dark Fantasy is really the one. that I like.
00:05:49.07
Say
that i'm
00:05:50.17
Gene
um nowadays it's it has everything i need in there you know so it's a cross between um
00:05:50.45
Say
nowadays. it has a need in there you know so it's a cross between um Rick Vader.
00:05:56.87
Gene
Rig Veda is like an old anime that I really like.
00:05:57.39
Say
It's like an old anime. that I really like.
00:06:00.49
Gene
and Dune.
00:06:00.49
Say
And do it.
00:06:01.80
Gene
I want some sword and sorcery and I want some...
00:06:01.42
Say
i want some sword and sorcery and i'll do some technological dystopian
00:06:04.61
Gene
technological dystopian.
00:06:07.49
Say
Game of Thrones.
00:06:07.49
Gene
Game of Thrones.
00:06:07.62
Wednesday Lee Friday
Sure, sure.
00:06:08.12
Gene
e
00:06:09.36
Say
Things move, you know.
00:06:09.34
Gene
things going on, you know?
00:06:11.05
Wednesday Lee Friday
Well, you can make anything scarier once you put in the politics.
00:06:15.58
Say
Hmm.
00:06:15.100
Wednesday Lee Friday
once you have you know bad people playing those games and not caring who they hurt
00:06:16.78
Say
Yeah.
00:06:16.79
Gene
oh Hmm.
00:06:17.66
Say
No.
00:06:21.81
Say
Hmm.
00:06:22.11
Wednesday Lee Friday
It can get really scary.
00:06:23.83
Say
black
00:06:23.85
Gene
Reckless.
00:06:24.11
Wednesday Lee Friday
Um. Yes. So, all right, now. I want to hear about the tea house. And I think, say, you are probably the correct person to explain this.
00:06:34.74
Say
he
00:06:34.81
Gene
Mm-hmm.
00:06:35.88
Say
yes i love uh yapping over this one so um i got the like the idea i was feeling kind of disconnected for a while from like role play all the it seemed like the paragraph style role play was a dying art form And um my old roleplay groups was like Frecadia and like Golden Tether and they were all dying off.
00:07:03.24
Say
And um I remember this nostalgic feeling I had. um Back when I played on Gaia Online, like back in like... 2009 you know I'm like Like a teenager just stuck to their computer.
00:07:18.22
Say
um But yes, I was like, let me get back to my roots and you know feel how ah that feels for a while and Um...
00:07:29.78
Say
I started to do VTuber streams on reality and you can, you know, get that on your like mobile phone and it allows you to customize an avatar character.
00:07:41.78
Say
And you can build your own room through the furniture and stuff you can get. um and stream to an audience using your voice. Um... And I never.
00:07:52.71
Say
believed that it would blossom into this beautiful creation of almost 400 member community on Discord server. um
00:08:03.09
Wednesday Lee Friday
wow
00:08:04.11
Say
Yeah.
00:08:04.29
Gene
ah
00:08:04.58
Say
So. um I do have some lore for the tea house. The tea house is a magical high fantasy role play set in a feudal Japanese era geisha house.
00:08:19.45
Say
And it comes in the form of a traveling two-story tall carriage. with a pagoda style roof lanterns all around it gilded wheels that move on the power of enchantment with no drivers or mounts like Howl's Moving Castle, or...
00:08:37.68
Say
you know, Studio Ghibli's. i love I love Studio Ghibli's. My favorite is Princess.
00:08:40.75
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yeah.
00:08:43.30
Say
mononoke
00:08:43.77
Gene
Mm-hmm.
00:08:44.94
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh, okay.
00:08:46.09
Say
Yeah, but this carriage can appear across any space-time dimension or era. and therefore your character coming in can be from any universe, have any power or ability.
00:08:59.56
Say
any alignment um be any species or race and be, yeah. So there are no level caps or strict level system.
00:09:10.01
Say
um And we go off our of our own mechanics. So Jean here actually built our mechanics. They're flavored like D and &D. We use dice, but they're simplified so even beginners can pick up and play.
00:09:21.56
Gene
even beginners can pick up.
00:09:23.79
Say
Yes.
00:09:23.82
Gene
Yes.
00:09:24.97
Say
Yeah.
00:09:25.54
Wednesday Lee Friday
See? now i have like two reactions to that my initial reaction is oh my gosh that would allow people so much freedom to do whatever makes sense and is meaningful to them which is amazing on the other hand i think about myself having like five or six different streaming services and trying to pick a movie and i don't know how because i don't know what kind of move ah mood i'm in so i wonder if that
00:09:35.03
Gene
Yeah.
00:09:36.59
Say
Yeah.
00:09:36.57
Gene
Yeah.
00:09:49.87
Say
Yeah.
00:09:51.38
Wednesday Lee Friday
the The choice being so expansive.
00:09:54.67
Say
Mm-hmm, mm-hmm.
00:09:54.54
Wednesday Lee Friday
If if that. doesn't deter people from like making a decision and go with it or do you have to can you change your mind later with what you're doing
00:10:02.40
Say
Yeah, right. Right. It's all about experimentation and like freedom of like expression and creativity. So like.
00:10:10.12
Gene
Like... It really is.
00:10:10.80
Say
it really is what you what the person makes of it you know, with their imagination, you know.
00:10:14.93
Gene
what they have time for.
00:10:16.77
Say
Yeah, and we're we're very loose with drop in and drop out. We know life happens. so
00:10:21.56
Gene
Mm hmm.
00:10:22.82
Say
you know it's It's pick up and go. in my own...
00:10:25.43
Gene
You might only have time for maybe a paragraph or, you know, a few sentences.
00:10:27.22
Say
may be a paragraph you know, a few sentences.
00:10:30.50
Gene
And if that's where you're you're at, you know, that's...
00:10:30.50
Say
And if that's where you're you're at, you know that's... that's something that you can do you might just be able to get off you know
00:10:33.76
Gene
that's something that you can do you might just be able to get out get out that one line And, you know, still want to be actually.
00:10:38.16
Say
and a good one that we actually...
00:10:40.23
Gene
able to play.
00:10:40.21
Say
able to play
00:10:41.67
Gene
um So.
00:10:41.66
Say
So. That's the type of way we want it to be, where you can kind of pump in.
00:10:42.89
Gene
that's the type of way we want it to be where you can kind of pop in and maybe continue your story over time.
00:10:46.39
Say
and maybe continue your story over time.
00:10:49.66
Wednesday Lee Friday
And this is on Discord, so anybody who wants to do it with a Discord account can just kind of pop in and see what's up.
00:10:51.10
Gene
Yeah.
00:10:55.60
Say
Yes.
00:10:55.60
Gene
Yes!
00:10:57.58
Wednesday Lee Friday
That's amazing.
00:10:59.49
Say
Mmm.
00:10:59.60
Wednesday Lee Friday
Now, you guys mentioned Studio Ghibli, so I think we should pause for a minute and talk about that. Not pause, pause, but like, you know, deviate from our...
00:11:05.74
Say
Yeah.
00:11:05.96
Gene
Okay, okay
00:11:06.04
Say
yeahly
00:11:07.36
Wednesday Lee Friday
our our ah planned remarks. um
00:11:10.43
Say
Mm hmm.
00:11:10.91
Wednesday Lee Friday
Because. When I was working at the Madstone Theater, We had spirited away. So I was able to watch that on the big screen a whole bunch of times.
00:11:16.75
Gene
oh
00:11:16.73
Say
Oh, that's great. e
00:11:21.26
Wednesday Lee Friday
And I am a person who at that time knew nothing of of anime, I think.
00:11:25.97
Gene
oh What a wonderful introduction.
00:11:26.14
Say
on
00:11:26.68
Wednesday Lee Friday
ah Kimba the White Lion was like the only anime thing I had really ever seen with any regularity.
00:11:31.76
Gene
oh Mm hmm.
00:11:33.14
Wednesday Lee Friday
And then people tried to gaslight me into thinking and it that it didn't exist because of Disney.
00:11:36.84
Gene
oh
00:11:37.82
Wednesday Lee Friday
and
00:11:38.49
Gene
Right.
00:11:38.44
Say
i
00:11:39.41
Wednesday Lee Friday
like you well you know that whole thing with with kimber the white lion and disney's like oh what is that like you
00:11:41.73
Gene
Oh my gosh. Yep, Mike. Uh huh.
00:11:45.26
Say
Yay.
00:11:45.70
Gene
Cheese.
00:11:45.78
Wednesday Lee Friday
Copied it shot for shot, you bitches. um
00:11:48.10
Gene
Yeah, right.
00:11:48.14
Say
Yeah. really Come on.
00:11:49.00
Gene
Come on. And you can't ignore it.
00:11:49.84
Say
and you can't ignore there's a whole bunch of people there's a whole group of people that were exposed to Kimber the White Light.
00:11:50.88
Gene
There's a whole bunch of people. There's a whole group of people that were exposed to Kimba the White Lion.
00:11:55.32
Say
you know.
00:11:55.31
Gene
you know just Throw them under the rug.
00:11:55.78
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep. Yep.
00:11:56.91
Say
Roman or not.
00:11:57.93
Gene
because keep flooding it with uh all the disney stuff you'll never remember this you know
00:11:58.01
Say
Yes. keep following with uh all the goofy stuff you'll never remember this you know Yeah, but yeah.
00:12:05.47
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yeah, so...
00:12:06.17
Say
love this
00:12:07.24
Wednesday Lee Friday
So in terms of, like, what what is your favorite Ghibli and and why is what I want to know.
00:12:14.49
Say
um Princess Mononoke. I love the just the artwork of it, the story. the the expression of this like...
00:12:23.37
Gene
the expression of this light. Wilderness.
00:12:25.24
Say
wilderness like...
00:12:26.40
Gene
Like. Like, wild.
00:12:27.50
Say
like wild Lady.
00:12:30.27
Gene
And...
00:12:30.25
Say
and their attachment to...
00:12:31.07
Gene
their attachment to
00:12:34.55
Say
to the nature and then having to do battle with the industrial people.
00:12:34.25
Gene
to the nature and then having to do... See ya. industrial people.
00:12:41.37
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay. All right. Jean?
00:12:44.29
Gene
Yeah.
00:12:44.73
Say
For me...
00:12:44.75
Gene
For me, um...
00:12:45.35
Say
um
00:12:46.16
Gene
I...
00:12:46.17
Say
I... i was trying to pinpoint one but i really think it's just the world that they create in these um in these movies like all of them have like a
00:12:47.03
Gene
I was trying to pinpoint one but I really think it's just the world that they create. in these um in these movies like all of them have like a alternative universe sort of feel But they're all.
00:12:55.12
Say
alternative universal appeal. um but they're all possibly connected somehow.
00:12:59.47
Gene
possibly connected somehow.
00:13:01.28
Say
you know
00:13:01.29
Gene
You know, um it makes you.
00:13:02.13
Say
Um. It makes you. move a little slower and get to the place of life but it's also some high hidden drama somewhere.
00:13:03.93
Gene
move a little slower it gives you a slice of life but it's also some high hidden drama somewhere um You know, so, but that being.
00:13:10.06
Say
you know So, but that being.
00:13:13.01
Gene
All said, I think the the one that impressed me the most recently was the cat returns.
00:13:13.01
Say
all said i think the the one that impressed me the most recently was the cat returns Okay. okay
00:13:19.46
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh, I haven't seen that.
00:13:20.96
Gene
Aw, it's...
00:13:20.95
Say
um is is If you liked it...
00:13:23.22
Gene
If you like cats. Oh, my gosh.
00:13:24.55
Say
Oh my gosh.
00:13:25.87
Gene
It ah really brings.
00:13:26.30
Say
It really brings... cats alive like what are the cats doing out there what are the other cats doing
00:13:27.87
Gene
cats alive like what are the cats doing out there what are the alley cats doing they're doing this they got a whole universe going on
00:13:31.56
Say
They're doing this. We got a whole university going on right now.
00:13:35.89
Gene
That you don't know about.
00:13:35.94
Say
that you don't know about.
00:13:37.51
Gene
you know People disappearing?
00:13:37.50
Say
You know. People disappear, maybe.
00:13:39.41
Gene
Maybe. maybe maybe they but became a cat you know maybe maybe they're over there in some alternate universe and became a cat you know who knows i don't know what happened but
00:13:40.31
Say
Maybe, maybe they could've flown a cat, you know? Maybe, maybe they could've gone over there, off of the universe, and they can't attack.
00:13:42.68
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh wow.
00:13:44.46
Say
Who knows? I don't know where. wow
00:13:47.26
Wednesday Lee Friday
no No spoilers, no spoilers.
00:13:49.22
Say
Let's play.
00:13:48.86
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yeah, I would actually...
00:13:49.22
Gene
no spoil and No spoilers, no spoilers
00:13:49.56
Say
Let's play.
00:13:50.74
Wednesday Lee Friday
you Even though I do have a special relationship with Spirited Away, I would say that my favorite is Howl's Moving Castle.
00:13:54.72
Gene
Mm-hmm
00:13:57.63
Say
oh yeah
00:13:57.77
Wednesday Lee Friday
Because first of all...
00:13:57.92
Gene
Ah, yeah.
00:13:59.09
Wednesday Lee Friday
I thought...
00:13:59.77
Gene
Oh.
00:13:59.85
Wednesday Lee Friday
ah Up until I saw that, I thought it was weird to have a crush on a cartoon. And then I saw that and was like, oh. But but also, man, Calcifer.
00:14:06.89
Gene
Yeah.
00:14:06.87
Say
Yeah.
00:14:10.80
Gene
Mm hmm.
00:14:10.77
Say
na
00:14:10.95
Wednesday Lee Friday
The... The whole concept of a ah character that is sentient.
00:14:12.35
Say
Yes. Bye.
00:14:15.36
Wednesday Lee Friday
flame is Amazing.
00:14:16.20
Gene
Sentient living flame, yeah.
00:14:16.26
Say
Yo, fire.
00:14:17.18
Wednesday Lee Friday
that
00:14:18.14
Say
He's so cute.
00:14:18.24
Wednesday Lee Friday
That's just mind blowing to me.
00:14:20.42
Say
Yes.
00:14:20.44
Gene
Yes!
00:14:21.68
Say
i love that we love that and that's just part of the what
00:14:21.64
Gene
Love that we love that and that's that's part of like what you know the tea house you can do you know if you have some character that you like that may not have been something that you think is amazing you know like a calcifer character what if your whole character design with Calcifer.
00:14:24.37
Say
you know the tea house you can do you know You have some character that you like there. may not have been something that you think. is amazing you know like a castle for character what your whole character design was ga
00:14:36.95
Gene
you know it's not like you had ah oodles and oodles of lines you know or whatever you know so being able to have the space for a character or a side character like that you could do that here you know and and post you know frame it
00:14:36.93
Say
you know it's not like you have oodles and oodles of lies, you know?
00:14:37.52
Wednesday Lee Friday
Mhm.
00:14:40.22
Say
or
00:14:40.83
Wednesday Lee Friday
Right.
00:14:42.05
Say
You know, so being able to have this baseboard character through or a side character. You can do that in here. both you know, framing. you know, the way you went.
00:14:49.57
Gene
you know the way you want. So that it'll, it'll...
00:14:51.05
Say
So that will be all. feel the character you know
00:14:52.32
Gene
feel the character you know
00:14:54.53
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yes. and that's i mean that's the kind of thing that's like sort of fanfic Adjacent
00:15:01.26
Say
Mm-hmm.
00:15:01.28
Gene
ah
00:15:01.56
Wednesday Lee Friday
And. Fanfic is something that I actually have kind of a complicated relationship with because I used to be really against it.
00:15:08.74
Gene
ah
00:15:08.94
Wednesday Lee Friday
I was very like, well, that's disrespectful to the original author to do it without permission.
00:15:13.76
Say
mm-hmm
00:15:13.34
Wednesday Lee Friday
And then.
00:15:13.74
Gene
ah
00:15:15.41
Wednesday Lee Friday
you know and i just didn't i think i refer to it as as literary masturbation at one point in my old live journal and people were mad they were mad and the thing is that like
00:15:20.81
Say
Very nice.
00:15:20.83
Gene
Fair enough. Mm-hmm. mm-hmm
00:15:27.14
Wednesday Lee Friday
They were right. I was being super judgmental about something that gives people not just like enjoyment, but that can be used.
00:15:30.43
Gene
uh-huh
00:15:38.72
Wednesday Lee Friday
you know, to... to to cope with things, to to deal with it.
00:15:42.65
Say
mm-hmm
00:15:42.91
Wednesday Lee Friday
like it's you know it's It's being able to create an emotionally charged story.
00:15:43.78
Gene
Yeah.
00:15:43.75
Say
Yeah.
00:15:48.44
Wednesday Lee Friday
With deep character development without having to write an entire as novel series, you know, you could just jump in there because everything already exists.
00:15:53.14
Gene
Yeah, right.
00:15:53.12
Say
Yeah, right.
00:15:58.05
Wednesday Lee Friday
And and it's it's weird because some people say that. Like what's happening in Star Trek right now is like fanfic because it goes in so many different directions.
00:16:03.21
Gene
Mm-hmm.
00:16:06.95
Say
Mm-hmm.
00:16:07.31
Wednesday Lee Friday
But, you know, if the Roddenberry estate says that it's Star Trek, then it it is.
00:16:11.47
Say
mm-hmm
00:16:12.48
Wednesday Lee Friday
That's really all there is to it.
00:16:12.68
Say
There you go.
00:16:12.71
Gene
There you go.
00:16:14.19
Wednesday Lee Friday
so
00:16:14.36
Say
Right.
00:16:14.38
Gene
Right. You can't argue with that
00:16:15.80
Say
We can't read you.
00:16:15.67
Wednesday Lee Friday
So this leads me. into my next point, which is about... Why? the fantasy genre the people that create it and the people who enjoy it and game in it Um.
00:16:27.71
Wednesday Lee Friday
very, very popular amongst people. So I want to hear from each of you why you think that might be.
00:16:37.51
Gene
Okay.
00:16:37.51
Say
Okay. um
00:16:38.41
Gene
Uhm?
00:16:39.85
Say
Yeah, and getting to that, um we're...
00:16:39.88
Gene
Yeah, and getting to that... um We're.
00:16:43.81
Say
talking about how
00:16:43.80
Gene
Talking about how. People can do the fanfic right?
00:16:45.91
Say
people can do the fancy place. um and the fan fiction thing like you can there's all levels of it i say like a percentage you get a hundred percent you say
00:16:48.19
Gene
And in fan the fan fiction thing, like you can there's all levels of it.
00:16:48.66
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep.
00:16:52.82
Gene
I'd say like a percentage. You could 100 % just say.
00:16:56.27
Say
I'm playing Captain Zola Picard.
00:16:56.30
Gene
I'm playing Captain Jean-Luc Picard. and then i'm gonna see i'm gonna
00:16:58.62
Say
and then i'm gonna see i want
00:17:00.43
Gene
play this character as if I was answering as Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise.
00:17:00.45
Say
Play this for yourself. if i was is Captain Jean-Luc Picard from the USS Enterprise.
00:17:07.17
Gene
You know you could do that.
00:17:07.15
Say
You know we could do that.
00:17:08.49
Gene
um Or you could you know be like, well, what if there is an adjacent ship instead of USS Enterprise?
00:17:08.47
Say
um Or you could, you know, be like, well, what if there is an adjacent ship instead of USS Enterprise with a USS, you know, Stargazer?
00:17:13.49
Gene
What if the USS you know Stargazer? you know And you know your character wasn't you know so militant and precise.
00:17:16.51
Say
you know and you know your character wasn't so militant and precise.
00:17:20.51
Gene
as
00:17:21.17
Say
as uh just no luke's character but maybe it's a little more rough and gruff like dwarf
00:17:21.19
Gene
as Jean-Luc's character, but maybe it's a little more rough and gruff, like Worf, you know, and you got a whole different...
00:17:25.72
Say
and um you got a whole different
00:17:28.37
Gene
Thing you could do and that's like I don't know
00:17:28.35
Say
thing you can do and that's my comment.
00:17:31.30
Gene
80.
00:17:31.30
Say
Amen.
00:17:32.53
Gene
70%, you know, there's a difference how much influence and how much you you put into there and how much is different.
00:17:32.54
Say
70%, you know, there's a difference how much influence and how much you put into there and how much is different.
00:17:39.16
Gene
But the context is there, you know.
00:17:39.14
Say
but the context is there. you know
00:17:42.00
Gene
um And it it lets people.
00:17:42.01
Say
and it it lets people be able to come in and walk into.
00:17:43.70
Gene
be able to come in and walk into.
00:17:46.42
Say
um of the universe where there's
00:17:46.43
Gene
um a universe where there's
00:17:49.04
Say
a lot of possibilities.
00:17:49.06
Gene
a lot of possibility All right.
00:17:50.79
Say
All right, so.
00:17:51.55
Gene
So.
00:17:52.80
Say
Yep.
00:17:52.83
Gene
Yep.
00:17:53.92
Say
um I think it's because, getting back to the question about why...
00:17:53.92
Gene
I think it's because, getting back to your the question about why...
00:17:58.47
Say
neurodivergent people.
00:17:58.42
Gene
neurodivergent people. um really cling to the fantasy genre.
00:18:01.11
Say
really cling to fantasy genre. is I think it's they're not stuck with one game.
00:18:04.15
Gene
um is i think it's they're not stuck with one game one program You know, like the mainstream narrative is.
00:18:07.28
Say
one program. you know like The main scenario is... push numbers.
00:18:10.97
Gene
push realism.
00:18:12.94
Say
And, you know.
00:18:12.95
Gene
And, you know, you kind of get fatigued at seeing, okay.
00:18:14.28
Say
Behind the scenes. team that's seeing okay.
00:18:16.53
Gene
and being restricted to the bounds of reality you know you get to finally get out of here um
00:18:16.53
Say
and being restricted from the bounds of reality you know if you get to finally to get out of here um and see what you can do, like an escape.
00:18:21.93
Gene
and see what you can do. It's like an escape. You get to tell.
00:18:24.55
Say
You get to tell. the story that might be playing in your mind the way you think you know and and having the freedom of expression.
00:18:25.96
Gene
the story that might be playing in your mind, the way you think, you know, and, and having the freedom of expression, I think really catches.
00:18:31.89
Say
I think really catches.
00:18:33.46
Gene
you know gets the wheels turning
00:18:33.44
Say
you know get the wheels turning hmm
00:18:36.30
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yeah. Well, and the fantasy genre also has components that are similar to speculative fiction. Which is another, like, if if you are the sort of person who is, like, if you're disabled.
00:18:44.52
Say
Mm hmm.
00:18:44.66
Gene
Mm hmm.
00:18:50.28
Wednesday Lee Friday
or if your mental health has prevented you from accomplishing your goals, um that sort of thing.
00:18:56.63
Say
mm-hmm
00:18:58.45
Wednesday Lee Friday
Then. You know, playing the what if game. can be helpful and therapeutic in a lot of different ways you know just to say like well what if we valued this component of people that we don't.
00:19:12.76
Wednesday Lee Friday
you know, show value for now.
00:19:14.81
Say
um
00:19:15.10
Wednesday Lee Friday
You know, back in the day, I was talking about this a couple of weeks ago with a guest. about um you know, the tribe and what is valuable to the tribe and like how there's day people and night people, because in caveman times, somebody had to stay up all night to make sure that other tribes didn't come and mess with us while we were sleeping.
00:19:24.77
Gene
Yeah.
00:19:26.67
Say
mm-hmm
00:19:26.64
Gene
Uh-huh.
00:19:30.39
Gene
Yeah.
00:19:30.39
Say
Yeah.
00:19:34.50
Wednesday Lee Friday
And oftentimes the the most, like, if someone is physically disabled or mentally ill, they might be the shaman.
00:19:34.70
Gene
Yeah.
00:19:34.67
Say
Yeah.
00:19:43.11
Wednesday Lee Friday
Or. you know the midwife they might be the person that has the the knowledge that the more.
00:19:45.34
Gene
Yes.
00:19:48.16
Wednesday Lee Friday
able-bodied people did not have you know that sort of thing And that's another thing that I think fantasy genres explore. with more frequency and depth than a lot of other genres.
00:20:03.10
Wednesday Lee Friday
So that that might factor in. I don't know. What do what do you think, Say?
00:20:08.17
Say
oh Yeah, that's a good point as well. And, um yeah, like I wanted to second off of what Jean was saying a little bit because I feel like it's, you know, the build your own way experience.
00:20:14.48
Gene
i wanted to second off what gene was saying a little bit because i feel like it's you know the build your own weight, experience. And maybe we...
00:20:22.25
Say
And maybe we prefer things that allow us to better express.
00:20:23.21
Gene
of her things that allows... The better.
00:20:26.65
Say
you know our
00:20:27.39
Gene
you know our creativity without the pressures of like real life you know
00:20:28.70
Say
creativity without the pressures of like real life hanging you know weighing us down right so we always we already have a hard enough life time just living
00:20:34.12
Gene
so we always
00:20:34.42
Wednesday Lee Friday
Mm hmm.
00:20:35.16
Gene
We already have a time.
00:20:39.54
Say
um But...
00:20:42.00
Gene
You know, so I want to replicate it in my characters.
00:20:42.21
Say
you know so why do i want to replicate into my characters and i'm like you know and give me dragons like give me tall ass spider ladies i'm i'm actually just making a drider character um That's a dro drowl spider.
00:20:45.10
Gene
you know. And give me Drake. Give me all it.
00:20:48.26
Wednesday Lee Friday
no
00:20:49.90
Gene
obviously just making a brighter character. That's all.
00:20:56.05
Gene
So.
00:20:55.90
Say
so yeah give me super powerful supernaturals and Thank you guys.
00:21:00.56
Gene
Heck yes.
00:21:00.86
Wednesday Lee Friday
Nice, nice. Okay. Cool. Yeah. um So one of the things that the three of us have in common are variations on ADHD. Like I also... um they they They tell me I have autism now, um which you know would have been good to know when I was, say, seven.
00:21:18.97
Gene
Mm hmm. ah
00:21:20.53
Wednesday Lee Friday
um
00:21:21.21
Say
thing. Yep.
00:21:21.80
Wednesday Lee Friday
but uh what i don't know about you guys is how like your story of of how you came to seek help and were diagnosed and then treated. So that's what I want to hear.
00:21:33.79
Say
Um... like I had a hunch for a like a long time like many years because of one of my special interests is like psychology and I watch a lot of the like the videos and ah read the articles and things like that and I was just always very different like I didn't fit in with my peers in class I was like
00:21:37.77
Gene
like many years because of one of my special interests of like psychology and i watched a lot of like the videos and um read the articles like that and i was just always very um different like i didn't fit in my peers plans it was like Horribly bullied.
00:21:53.43
Say
horribly bullied um in school and i was just you know like just um super reserved and i felt i didn't fit in anywhere um it was actually
00:21:54.96
Gene
Oh. school. And I was just, you know, like just, um... Super. I'm reserved and I don't, I didn't get anywhere.
00:22:06.62
Say
Only three years ago that I was officially diagnosed with autism and also with um high markers for ADHD. uh And it's called Odd HD, I think.
00:22:20.49
Say
So, yeah.
00:22:20.60
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep. Yep.
00:22:22.43
Say
And for me, treatment is just like. Like a daily... practice of skills trying to stay on top of daily prescribed medicines and that's just a downer for sure.
00:22:36.49
Say
um but you know like what i find that helps me most is Finally finding, having found a therapist that I mesh well with. and that they're actually using like dbt which is a treatment plan that I had asked for many times before, but... they always kind of default back to cbt which is like talk therapy and then
00:23:00.100
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep.
00:23:01.09
Say
I get re-triggered and then we go back. So yeah, and having my support system and Jean definitely has helped me. so Yeah.
00:23:11.31
Gene
Yeah that dumb DBT
00:23:11.87
Say
That's what I'm thinking. They really don't
00:23:13.73
Gene
They really don't. They don't stress.
00:23:15.78
Say
We don't stress.
00:23:16.93
Gene
how important
00:23:16.90
Say
how important it is. That is as.
00:23:18.24
Gene
that is as something to be able to use as an everyday skill.
00:23:19.92
Say
something to be able to use every day. skill.
00:23:23.65
Gene
Um, like.
00:23:23.65
Say
at like
00:23:25.14
Gene
say with sans you know um like there's a lot of stuff that you can get into
00:23:25.11
Say
same stance you know like there's a lot of s stuff that you can get into Um, and if you don't
00:23:29.49
Gene
um and If you don't.
00:23:32.28
Say
end up having these skills.
00:23:32.30
Gene
end up having these skills. Good. you can be in a world of trouble when talking to people.
00:23:34.47
Say
you can be in a world of trouble. when talking to people.
00:23:37.14
Wednesday Lee Friday
Mm hmm.
00:23:39.17
Say
So a lot of people out there in the world and on TV and in in the...
00:23:38.88
Gene
So a lot of people out there in the world and on TV and in in the...
00:23:43.72
Say
in politics man they can definitely benefit from being able to hold two sides at once.
00:23:43.40
Gene
in politics man they could but definitely benefit from being able to hold two sides at once Two ideas at once and be able to examine them.
00:23:50.47
Say
two i ideas at once. and be able to examine them and that's what dbt gets into into
00:23:53.39
Gene
you That's what DBT gets into.
00:23:55.34
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep. yep um it's It's interesting because... I... Finally, after like six months on the wait list. got an appointment with a nurse practitioner and that's what she suggested was that I get into DBT.
00:24:09.01
Say
visit
00:24:10.77
Wednesday Lee Friday
And I had misheard her initially and was like, CBT, damn it, come on now.
00:24:15.53
Say
All right.
00:24:15.22
Wednesday Lee Friday
and
00:24:15.52
Gene
ah
00:24:16.53
Say
um
00:24:16.74
Wednesday Lee Friday
and they were like no no no this is different and honestly i know very little about it i should have sat down and immediately started doing research but we have paramount plus right now for star trek so instead what i did was smoke some pot and re-watch dexter so
00:24:30.09
Say
No, it is.
00:24:31.28
Gene
Dexter. I want to rewatch Dexter.
00:24:31.70
Say
I want to realize that.
00:24:32.39
Wednesday Lee Friday
Whoops.
00:24:33.25
Say
Yeah.
00:24:33.93
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh my god, there's so much Dexter now. There's so much of it, and it's all so good.
00:24:38.41
Say
Did they come out with new Dexter?
00:24:38.44
Gene
Did they come out with new Dexter?
00:24:40.49
Say
like a whole i knew that they if they had those hiatus for the break but i wasn't sure if they came out with a whole new series of of dexter or not
00:24:40.52
Gene
like a whole I knew that they they had the the hiatus or the break, but I wasn't sure if they came out with a whole new series of Dexter or not.
00:24:49.27
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay. Pause. We're not pausing, but like, all right, so here's the deal.
00:24:52.71
Gene
Okay.
00:24:53.52
Wednesday Lee Friday
So we had the original Dexter series.
00:24:54.15
Gene
Okay.
00:24:56.06
Wednesday Lee Friday
It's eight seasons, right?
00:24:57.76
Gene
Right.
00:24:58.62
Wednesday Lee Friday
So then... There's a show called, I think this one is Dexter. New blood. okay was the next series and this is this picks up on dexter i think 20 years like 10 years later
00:25:06.34
Gene
Okay.
00:25:06.33
Say
Okay.
00:25:12.08
Wednesday Lee Friday
10 years later, and he's living out.
00:25:11.92
Gene
Oh.
00:25:11.87
Say
Oh.
00:25:15.03
Wednesday Lee Friday
West, someplace cold.
00:25:17.46
Gene
Okay.
00:25:17.41
Say
Okay.
00:25:17.59
Wednesday Lee Friday
And um so, yeah, completely different guy. And he's got a new identity, right? And he's dating the sheriff.
00:25:22.22
Say
Of course.
00:25:22.09
Gene
Of course. Of course.
00:25:24.14
Wednesday Lee Friday
of this, this town. And it's, um Yeah.
00:25:26.27
Gene
or
00:25:27.74
Wednesday Lee Friday
It's this amazing little setup. He's got a job. He works at the ah sporting goods store. So he has access to guns and gun records and stuff. um And then like in the first episode.
00:25:35.92
Gene
Perfect. Aww.
00:25:39.05
Wednesday Lee Friday
his son, Harrison, shows up. He's, you know,
00:25:42.34
Gene
a
00:25:42.48
Wednesday Lee Friday
18, 19.
00:25:43.74
Say
Okay.
00:25:43.72
Gene
e
00:25:43.83
Say
again
00:25:44.18
Wednesday Lee Friday
so so yeah so that's kind of how that series goes at the end of that series spoiler alert We do not think that he is alive. And we think that the series came back for one season.
00:25:54.04
Gene
oh
00:25:54.00
Say
and
00:25:57.62
Wednesday Lee Friday
to to kill dexter is is basically the way they set it up and you're like oh no dexter's dead but you know that's kind of that he probably deserves that After all.
00:26:01.60
Gene
Ha ha.
00:26:07.23
Gene
Sure.
00:26:08.19
Say
you know
00:26:08.21
Gene
You know.
00:26:08.59
Wednesday Lee Friday
But he's he's not dead. They have another series that's separate and it's a separate, it's not the same series.
00:26:13.35
Gene
oh
00:26:15.08
Wednesday Lee Friday
It's like they do it as a separate series for reasons that that you'll get when you see it.
00:26:17.43
Say
Okay.
00:26:17.45
Gene
Okay.
00:26:19.54
Say
Yeah.
00:26:19.56
Gene
Yeah. Okay.
00:26:20.10
Say
Okay.
00:26:20.52
Wednesday Lee Friday
but it's a different production team because the the series when it came back It was like they were trying really hard to not look like the original Dexter.
00:26:30.24
Gene
Hmm.
00:26:30.26
Wednesday Lee Friday
And they succeeded in that, but fans didn't love it.
00:26:30.22
Say
and
00:26:32.78
Gene
Right, right
00:26:32.80
Say
Right.
00:26:33.19
Wednesday Lee Friday
So the next time they kept a lot of the initial. Dexter things that they had taken out.
00:26:39.50
Gene
Yeah.
00:26:39.49
Say
Yeah.
00:26:40.76
Wednesday Lee Friday
And then at the same time, they did a prequel Dexter show, which is Dexter.
00:26:45.46
Gene
Amen.
00:26:46.91
Wednesday Lee Friday
just getting out of medical school in 92.
00:26:50.31
Say
Okay.
00:26:50.30
Gene
Okay.
00:26:51.62
Say
Yeah.
00:26:51.38
Wednesday Lee Friday
Which is interesting because I didn't realize Dexter and I were the same age.
00:26:51.64
Gene
Yeah.
00:26:55.71
Gene
Okay.
00:26:55.68
Wednesday Lee Friday
like I don't know how old Michael C. Hall is, but the character of Dexter is the same age as me.
00:26:57.92
Gene
Mm hmm.
00:26:57.97
Say
Mm hmm.
00:27:00.24
Say
Okay, you're okay.
00:27:00.27
Gene
Okay, okay.
00:27:00.84
Wednesday Lee Friday
Because he graduated under undergrad the same year I did.
00:27:04.43
Say
Oh.
00:27:04.46
Gene
Oh, okay.
00:27:04.50
Wednesday Lee Friday
Um. yeah so so yeah and that series was wonderful the people that they cast to play the characters as much younger people exceptional it it's fanfic-y because they they rewrote a lot of things
00:27:15.41
Gene
ah
00:27:20.43
Wednesday Lee Friday
you know they
00:27:20.81
Gene
Okay.
00:27:21.62
Wednesday Lee Friday
A lot of it is is very, very retconned. And so you have to... prepare for that going in so it doesn't bother you but like
00:27:28.42
Gene
Oh, don't retcon.
00:27:28.48
Say
All right. nine
00:27:30.29
Gene
Aww.
00:27:30.26
Say
um
00:27:30.44
Wednesday Lee Friday
and they only but they only did one season they promised us another season and then they kind of yanked it back and so that was disappointing because there's there's a whole lot to like about that series
00:27:40.84
Say
God bless you.
00:27:40.86
Gene
Not yet.
00:27:41.37
Wednesday Lee Friday
If you're listening Paramount, get your shit together.
00:27:43.85
Gene
Come on!
00:27:43.90
Wednesday Lee Friday
Showtime.
00:27:44.62
Gene
Right.
00:27:45.12
Say
Right.
00:27:45.11
Wednesday Lee Friday
Give me more show.
00:27:46.54
Say
There are so many good shows out there.
00:27:46.59
Gene
There are so many good shows out there and that found a way to slip through the cracks of the the the money gods to just give them the money they need to do this show.
00:27:49.83
Say
found a way to slip through the cracks of the the the money god who just give them the money they need to do this show Yeah.
00:27:57.71
Wednesday Lee Friday
What? And... I mean, I love that the internet has that kind of power now because that really is the internet using their power for good to say, wait a minute, we are not done with Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
00:28:05.01
Say
Who am I?
00:28:04.97
Gene
Yes.
00:28:07.54
Wednesday Lee Friday
You give us that shit back.
00:28:09.41
Gene
<unk> Right.
00:28:09.40
Say
who
00:28:09.64
Wednesday Lee Friday
you know. or Family Guy, or Futurama. Like, hey, if we bring this back, will you guys want it? Like... I don't know. Are you going to make it good?
00:28:17.31
Say
Thank you so much.
00:28:17.28
Gene
Are you going to be good?
00:28:17.46
Wednesday Lee Friday
Because if you make it good, we'll come back.
00:28:20.41
Gene
Are you going to try and change everything about it to toot your own horn somehow?
00:28:20.22
Wednesday Lee Friday
who
00:28:20.30
Say
I'm going to sign. change everything about it to teach your own currency policy.
00:28:24.97
Wednesday Lee Friday
Right.
00:28:25.78
Say
um
00:28:25.78
Gene
Oh.
00:28:26.44
Wednesday Lee Friday
It's like, okay, those of us who were alive when they did New Leave It to Beaver are ambivalent to about, you were we're suspicious, but we're cautiously optimistic.
00:28:34.95
Gene
feel
00:28:36.49
Wednesday Lee Friday
And then, you know, stuff like Futurama or, my God, the new Beavis and Buttheads are fantastic.
00:28:36.43
Say
Right.
00:28:36.46
Gene
Right.
00:28:41.53
Gene
owner
00:28:42.26
Wednesday Lee Friday
Have you guys checked those out?
00:28:42.82
Say
Nice.
00:28:42.84
Gene
Nice.
00:28:44.12
Say
No, I haven't seen the any advertisements for it.
00:28:44.15
Gene
No, I haven't seen the any advertisements for it.
00:28:47.36
Wednesday Lee Friday
Well, it's on it's on Paramount Plus, and they just dropped the third season of the new ones.
00:28:50.19
Say
Amen.
00:28:50.20
Gene
Oh.
00:28:51.84
Wednesday Lee Friday
And here's the thing. half of the episodes are them in high school you know doing new crazy shit
00:28:59.86
Say
Okay.
00:28:59.90
Gene
okay
00:29:00.16
Wednesday Lee Friday
The other half are them 20 years later. So they're.
00:29:05.00
Gene
okay
00:29:04.81
Wednesday Lee Friday
you know broken down almost 50 and it shows like how they turned out and It is. jarring in some ways i'll tell you and it's you know it's sort of sad it's sort of sad to be like wow so beavis just kept getting abused by butthead well into adulthood that's a shame um
00:29:15.87
Gene
Okay.
00:29:25.67
Wednesday Lee Friday
but But, yeah, I mean, as a viewer... getting to watch it. It's great stuff.
00:29:29.15
Say
Right.
00:29:29.19
Gene
Right.
00:29:29.69
Wednesday Lee Friday
And plus ah a lot of the stuff they're spoofing are um like, you know, the videos that used to be all music videos.
00:29:35.80
Say
oh yeah
00:29:35.68
Gene
Oh yeah, yeah.
00:29:36.66
Wednesday Lee Friday
They do some music videos, but then also they do stuff from YouTube.
00:29:41.49
Gene
Okay.
00:29:41.46
Say
Okay. good so there's no final ways to integrate different source of media into the show
00:29:42.28
Gene
Good. So they're still finding ways to integrate different sorts of media into the show.
00:29:46.59
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yeah. Yeah, and I think it's well worth your time.
00:29:47.40
Say
Let's go.
00:29:47.32
Gene
That's cool.
00:29:50.07
Say
Okay.
00:29:50.09
Gene
Okay. Yeah, yeah, I definitely was um a kid watching all that I watched um what, ah Daria, B with a butthead.
00:29:50.76
Say
yeah yeah i definitely was a kid watching all that I'll watch them. What, Daria, we just played here.
00:29:57.24
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep. Yep.
00:29:58.02
Say
Yeah.
00:29:58.05
Gene
Yeah, who else was there?
00:29:58.70
Say
um Who else is there? King of the Hill?
00:29:59.75
Gene
King of the Hill was part of the group. ah Well, a little later I guess.
00:30:01.90
Say
For me and my best friend, it was Beavis and Butthead.
00:30:02.01
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep.
00:30:03.51
Gene
My best friend.
00:30:06.44
Say
in And.
00:30:08.96
Gene
Settler.
00:30:08.91
Say
South Park. Celebrity definitely.
00:30:09.69
Gene
Celebrity Death Match.
00:30:11.18
Say
software in
00:30:11.53
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep. Yep. Brandon Stimpy was also going on around that time.
00:30:14.49
Say
Ooh.
00:30:14.58
Gene
Aw, yeah.
00:30:15.80
Say
Our real monsters, our real monsters.
00:30:15.98
Gene
Good stuff. The good stuff, real monsters, the good stuff.
00:30:19.55
Say
this one
00:30:20.14
Gene
Yes.
00:30:21.57
Wednesday Lee Friday
Right on.
00:30:24.81
Wednesday Lee Friday
so So wait, I think we only heard one of your your ADHD diagnosis stories. Now we need the other one.
00:30:31.21
Gene
Oh, mine's not.
00:30:31.17
Say
oh mine's not mine's terrible mine's body covered with um
00:30:32.19
Gene
Mine's terrible. Mine's spotty coverage. is
00:30:36.19
Say
All the way.
00:30:36.22
Gene
All over the place. so
00:30:37.09
Say
so I haven't been able to.
00:30:38.20
Gene
I haven't been able to have...
00:30:39.90
Say
um
00:30:39.58
Gene
um
00:30:40.93
Say
continued
00:30:40.98
Gene
continued
00:30:43.04
Say
mental care right because of how
00:30:43.10
Gene
mental care right because of how I fall in between the cracks of being able to get.
00:30:47.05
Say
i fall in between the cracks of being able to um
00:30:49.77
Gene
um you know, covered.
00:30:50.60
Say
you know So I...
00:30:51.82
Gene
So I, um...
00:30:52.94
Say
um end up kind of going off of what sprays are and smoking up my own videos and seeing things.
00:30:53.82
Gene
End up. kind of going off of what say is learning and looking at my own videos and seeing things um and looking at the signs of the writing on the wall and the issues i have and i'm like Yeah.
00:31:00.52
Say
Amen. looking at the signs and writing on the wall and the issues i had like yeah Yeah.
00:31:05.32
Gene
Yeah. that yeah i got some of that i got some of that and that
00:31:06.52
Say
that yeah i got some of that i got some of that in yet
00:31:09.11
Gene
And that too.
00:31:09.11
Say
and that too I see.
00:31:10.50
Gene
That's it. Yeah. You know, so but another thing that really called me out was.
00:31:12.14
Say
you know. so but another thing that really called me out
00:31:16.82
Gene
Russell Barkley.
00:31:16.80
Say
Russell Barkley. He's got a video.
00:31:18.42
Gene
He's got a video on YouTube that really lays out.
00:31:19.12
Say
button YouTube that really So. how ADHD works and ADD works.
00:31:23.16
Gene
um how adhd works or add works
00:31:26.76
Say
what to do about it, how to treat it.
00:31:26.80
Gene
um what to do about it how to treat it
00:31:29.84
Say
he He goes in.
00:31:29.88
Gene
he He goes in. he He tells you what you are and what you're doing if you have it.
00:31:30.88
Say
He tells you what you are and what you're doing, if you have it. I was sitting on the couch just listening to...
00:31:36.25
Gene
i was sitting on the couch just listening to uh him go in on these things and i was like oh
00:31:39.09
Say
them going on these things as well.
00:31:41.61
Gene
Oh!
00:31:41.59
Say
oh I need to do this.
00:31:42.65
Gene
And they do this.
00:31:43.84
Say
oh
00:31:43.86
Gene
go And they do that.
00:31:44.44
Say
and they do that now.
00:31:45.32
Gene
go And you got you can't let them do this.
00:31:46.06
Say
And you got it.
00:31:46.57
Wednesday Lee Friday
Hmm.
00:31:48.96
Gene
You know, they're ripping into me like, yeah, that's me.
00:31:49.44
Say
it'll be we're ripping into me. Like, you know, that's me.
00:31:52.12
Gene
So I have all of that, apparently.
00:31:53.08
Say
Yeah.
00:31:53.58
Wednesday Lee Friday
Try to watch TV, sir. Quit calling me out.
00:31:56.64
Say
Thank you.
00:31:56.69
Gene
Right.
00:31:57.57
Wednesday Lee Friday
ah
00:31:57.79
Gene
Call me out to the backs.
00:31:59.92
Say
So...
00:31:59.40
Gene
So for sure, like if if I was.
00:32:00.70
Say
For sure.
00:32:02.41
Gene
have had any doubt.
00:32:02.42
Say
Can I have a ditty down?
00:32:03.90
Gene
that, you know, I was on the...
00:32:03.86
Say
that, you know, I was on the...
00:32:06.94
Gene
ADHD.
00:32:07.07
Say
ADHD.
00:32:08.37
Gene
spectrum like he definitely made sure i knew so
00:32:08.32
Say
spectrum Like he definitely made sure I do. so I feel like
00:32:12.15
Gene
I feel like
00:32:13.24
Say
This is another thing that for medical, the medical industry, and how America does things.
00:32:13.28
Gene
This is another thing that for... medical the medical industry and how America does things. There it felt a felt like when I was watching this video it felt like they were getting
00:32:20.55
Say
It felt like, if you're watching this video, it felt like... They were getting. their information from him.
00:32:24.95
Gene
their information from him.
00:32:26.94
Say
What was the name?
00:32:26.99
Gene
but it was like Whisper down the lane watered down
00:32:27.75
Say
whisper down the lane, watered down.
00:32:30.68
Wednesday Lee Friday
Mm hmm.
00:32:30.98
Say
information that they got And so.
00:32:31.02
Gene
information that they got and so you you get the little things and they're like yeah you know it's this and it's kind of that it's like
00:32:33.31
Say
you get the little things and they're like yeah you know it's this and it's kind of that it's like Thank you.
00:32:38.70
Gene
They didn't. spend their whole
00:32:40.04
Say
spend their whole you know 20 years researching this like this guy was so everything that he was saying was just
00:32:41.80
Gene
you know 20 years researching this like this guy was so everything that he was saying was just high potency.
00:32:47.56
Say
high-potency
00:32:49.84
Gene
You know stuff he hitting you right in the chest, you know, so
00:32:49.67
Say
You know stuff he's getting right to jesse and also I like.
00:32:53.56
Gene
I like.
00:32:53.47
Wednesday Lee Friday
Well, there's no experience like living it and that's...
00:32:54.43
Gene
Mm-hmm.
00:32:56.96
Say
um
00:32:57.51
Gene
Mm-hmm.
00:32:57.25
Wednesday Lee Friday
I mean, if you've been in therapy for a long time with a lot of different doctors, like as a poor person, for example, a lot of times I would go get therapy and it was talking to.
00:32:57.49
Say
um
00:33:07.98
Wednesday Lee Friday
students, you know like undergrads or grad students who were who are on schedule to become therapists, but they're not licensed therapists yet.
00:33:09.38
Gene
Mhm.
00:33:09.34
Say
you Right.
00:33:10.33
Gene
Right.
00:33:14.89
Gene
Mm-hmm.
00:33:17.54
Wednesday Lee Friday
And you know when I'm 19 and I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Sure, that's going to be helpful. to talk to someone who has done a whole bunch of hours of of classroom and and practical.
00:33:30.83
Say
Mm hmm.
00:33:30.77
Wednesday Lee Friday
you know, education and experience.
00:33:31.19
Gene
Mm hmm.
00:33:31.63
Say
um
00:33:32.59
Wednesday Lee Friday
Sure. That's going to be helpful to me by the time I'm 35. I don't need some 22 year old person who lives with their parents telling me all the different ways that I can not be depressed.
00:33:36.62
Gene
Mm hmm. Mm-hmm.
00:33:41.07
Say
Hmm.
00:33:44.25
Gene
a
00:33:44.58
Wednesday Lee Friday
you know, when I'm not having, you know, some pampered person that hasn't lived any life yet, it it starts to feel condescending at a point.
00:33:46.01
Say
Great.
00:33:46.04
Gene
Right.
00:33:52.97
Gene
Right.
00:33:55.35
Say
Right.
00:33:55.40
Gene
Right.
00:33:55.95
Wednesday Lee Friday
which isn't i mean and that's a drag because they're just a young person trying their best
00:33:56.33
Gene
And.
00:34:01.52
Wednesday Lee Friday
But.
00:34:01.72
Say
Yeah.
00:34:01.77
Gene
Yeah.
00:34:02.35
Wednesday Lee Friday
They're not. You know that the problem is that there are not options that meet my needs.
00:34:08.65
Say
and
00:34:08.93
Wednesday Lee Friday
And that that is the problem as I see it, that so many people... who need mental health treatment. can't i mean they would love to get it but the options just aren't there or they're there but they're not affordable you know and and
00:34:21.89
Say
Yeah.
00:34:21.87
Gene
Yeah.
00:34:23.83
Wednesday Lee Friday
Because, like, I don't know. You ever talk to a MAGA person? I mean, don't.
00:34:28.51
Gene
ah
00:34:28.93
Wednesday Lee Friday
But if you do, they'll they'll say, when you talk about, for example, gun violence, and they'll say, well, guns aren't the problem. The problem is mental health.
00:34:37.40
Say
Mm hmm.
00:34:37.45
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh, so you expect...
00:34:37.43
Gene
ahha
00:34:38.98
Wednesday Lee Friday
support expanded affordable mental health treatment right to anybody who needs it
00:34:41.90
Say
mm-hmm Mm hmm.
00:34:43.54
Gene
hu
00:34:43.56
Wednesday Lee Friday
Well, no, no, of course not.
00:34:44.100
Say
Amen.
00:34:44.53
Wednesday Lee Friday
That's not my responsibility.
00:34:45.05
Gene
a
00:34:46.06
Say
Well, I got some stories for you later.
00:34:46.10
Gene
a
00:34:46.53
Wednesday Lee Friday
Like, dude, just
00:34:48.40
Gene
ah
00:34:49.33
Say
I got some stories for you later about that one.
00:34:49.71
Wednesday Lee Friday
Just... Just say you don't care. um Yeah, okay.
00:34:53.08
Gene
ah
00:34:54.29
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yeah. i'm down i like a good story um So. So I guess seeking treatment. You guys have had like mixed success.
00:35:04.36
Say
oh yeah Definitely mix.
00:35:05.03
Gene
Next. Definitely mix. you know
00:35:06.97
Say
You know, this was a... Want me to go?
00:35:09.40
Gene
Yeah.
00:35:09.65
Say
Yeah, go for it.
00:35:10.09
Gene
Yeah, go for it
00:35:10.49
Say
All right. So yeah, I've had a very, very poor experience. um Aside from the mental health side, I spent countless failed attempts at therapy, medication trials for 10 plus years.
00:35:25.07
Say
It took six years alone just to get the proper diagnosis for the AS condition, which is... It stands for ankylosing spondylitis. It's a...
00:35:36.56
Say
inflammatory autoimmune disorder. So basically my... body overproduces inflammation that creates chronic 24-7.
00:35:48.18
Say
Um... But... And then it took the... you know like i only got diagnosed three years ago for the autism and you know multiple multiple therapists and never they never considered it so Uh, his Always.
00:36:01.91
Wednesday Lee Friday
can Can I?
00:36:02.85
Say
put
00:36:02.48
Wednesday Lee Friday
I'm sorry. Can I? Can I just break in to say. Do you think the reason it took so long to get a proper diagnosis for a physical ailment? is that... Doctors we're not listening to you.
00:36:13.27
Wednesday Lee Friday
that you were not.
00:36:13.89
Say
Yeah.
00:36:14.65
Wednesday Lee Friday
believed.
00:36:15.40
Say
Amen.
00:36:15.49
Gene
er
00:36:16.28
Say
Yeah.
00:36:16.47
Wednesday Lee Friday
Because I don't want to assume that. But.
00:36:18.43
Say
That's what happens now.
00:36:18.44
Gene
That's what happened, yeah.
00:36:19.10
Wednesday Lee Friday
i I do want to ask about it because...
00:36:21.49
Say
Mm hmm.
00:36:22.52
Gene
Hey.
00:36:22.49
Say
Yeah, no, I felt like a number in the system, especially where I lived in Philly, which is like, you know, super populated, dense populationulate ah population. that's where I'm originally from, doctors for years were acting like I was lying, exaggerating my symptoms, only to be later diagnosed. so Mm hmm.
00:36:43.90
Wednesday Lee Friday
Damn.
00:36:46.41
Say
Yeah, the weight.
00:36:46.45
Gene
Yeah, the way
00:36:46.59
Wednesday Lee Friday
That sucks.
00:36:47.80
Say
the way that um because i was i was there with these times too and the way that
00:36:47.85
Gene
The way that um I would, cause I was, I was there most of these times too. And the way that they.
00:36:53.40
Say
Maybe.
00:36:53.44
Gene
they parsed or try the take the information in when they are viewing.
00:36:54.58
Say
parse through privately. information in. when they are viewing.
00:36:58.87
Gene
um or trying to make a give a diagnosis they would filter out things you know
00:36:58.83
Say
um they're trying to make a give a diagnosis they would filter out things you know Like.
00:37:04.08
Gene
like me. one would do but
00:37:04.61
Say
one would do but their stuff they filter out too much so ankylosing spondylitis because it normally presents in men
00:37:06.32
Gene
There's stuff that they filtered out too much. So ankylosing spondylitis, because it normally presents in men and presents men a specific way.
00:37:12.46
Say
and present men a specific way. Um, they just dismissed that it was possible that she had been protesting for it.
00:37:15.63
Gene
um they just dismissed that it was possible that she hadn't never tested for it
00:37:21.17
Wednesday Lee Friday
ah
00:37:21.37
Say
you know
00:37:21.41
Gene
You know.
00:37:22.26
Say
Like, they were, they felt...
00:37:22.31
Gene
Like that for this old.
00:37:24.23
Say
These things got these spondylophoresis.
00:37:24.31
Gene
These things got, these spondylophoreopathies, they got skipped over because they didn't think, ah you know.
00:37:27.10
Say
Peace. God flipped over. because they do, they have, you know. you're young you know you get there on time yeah you know there's nothing wrong with you you just
00:37:32.60
Gene
You're young. You know, you get that all the time. yeah You're young. There's nothing wrong with you. You're just...
00:37:36.70
Say
You know, she'll take some non-steroid and go to therapy.
00:37:36.74
Gene
you know so here take some some uh non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and go to therapy you'll be fine's fine
00:37:41.77
Say
Be fine.
00:37:42.31
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh my gosh.
00:37:45.03
Gene
is how they treated it.
00:37:44.83
Wednesday Lee Friday
How condescending.
00:37:45.10
Say
i speak Yeah.
00:37:46.30
Gene
Yeah. Right.
00:37:48.06
Say
question There is crazy.
00:37:49.27
Gene
There is a... craziness.
00:37:52.25
Say
Yeah.
00:37:52.38
Wednesday Lee Friday
It is. And then. They charge you an awful lot of money for that. that non-treatment as well.
00:37:58.80
Say
Mm hmm.
00:37:59.10
Wednesday Lee Friday
I actually... In my experience, if you are like dirt poor and you you can't work. you have often more opportunities to see doctors than people who are employed.
00:38:09.18
Say
Mm-hmm.
00:38:09.23
Gene
Mm-hmm Mm hmm.
00:38:10.89
Say
Mm hmm.
00:38:11.55
Wednesday Lee Friday
Because if you have any income at all, they just expect it to to go to whatever care it is that you need.
00:38:17.71
Gene
Uh-huh.
00:38:17.72
Wednesday Lee Friday
um uh you know what we're actually gonna i'm not gonna pause but i'm gonna Stop for just a second because H just came home and I was not expecting him for two more hours.
00:38:26.56
Gene
Oh, okay.
00:38:26.47
Say
I love you.
00:38:28.28
Wednesday Lee Friday
So hang on one sec.
00:38:28.58
Gene
oh
00:38:29.69
Say
Really? Okay.
00:38:30.28
Gene
Okay.
00:38:31.36
Wednesday Lee Friday
Hey. That's next to you. powers out Oh, is it? Yep. Oh. Well, we have power here, and I'm interviewing Jean Insay. Yep.
00:38:44.65
Say
Hi, hi.
00:38:46.27
Gene
Hello!
00:38:46.22
Say
Hello.
00:38:47.02
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yeah, I always have my D and &D on. when I record. Yes, apparently H sent me multiple texts, but I did not receive them because I'm interviewing and my DND was on.
00:38:58.03
Say
Yeah.
00:38:58.06
Gene
Yeah.
00:38:58.12
Wednesday Lee Friday
They don't have any power at his work.
00:39:00.05
Gene
Oh.
00:39:00.01
Say
Oh. His power went out.
00:39:01.64
Gene
Ooh. Again, work like that.
00:39:02.67
Say
It's going to work right through. Now they sit at home.
00:39:04.85
Wednesday Lee Friday
No, no.
00:39:06.55
Say
can't see anything
00:39:06.60
Gene
Can't see anything.
00:39:09.05
Say
Where's the thing?
00:39:09.03
Gene
Where's the thing at?
00:39:11.31
Say
Oh, that'd be cool.
00:39:11.49
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay, so...
00:39:14.02
Say
That'd be fun.
00:39:14.60
Gene
Right.
00:39:15.47
Wednesday Lee Friday
like getting Getting back into it. um
00:39:18.08
Say
Okay.
00:39:18.95
Wednesday Lee Friday
Now, as a disabled person myself, It's terrifying to think what the fash wants done with people like me so How are you guys? dealing with like the latest pronouncements of the worst Kennedy.
00:39:35.29
Say
I try to stay the hells off the news outlets and the stuff where I will go insane.
00:39:39.86
Gene
So basically, Jean is like my ear to the ground.
00:39:40.18
Say
So basically, Jean is like my ear to the ground.
00:39:44.88
Gene
Um...
00:39:44.81
Say
um He lets me know what to work out, like, you know, what I'd be looking out for and stuff like that.
00:39:45.63
Gene
He lets me know. to work out, like, you know, why you'd be looking out for or stuff like that.
00:39:50.26
Say
But yes, I hate this current regime.
00:39:50.39
Gene
But yes, I hate this current regime. Um...
00:39:53.50
Say
um And here's the story drop that even...
00:39:54.16
Gene
and here's story about. Even... Hi.
00:39:57.98
Say
I had a MAGA hat supporter come to my door delivering my pills.
00:39:58.49
Gene
is a mega handful. order comes by door delivering my pills.
00:40:03.67
Say
where we moved up to in the mountains and it feels like I'm surrounded by a sea of red.
00:40:03.63
Gene
Where are we going? those two in the mouth. and it feels like I'm surrounded by a sea of red. And...
00:40:09.65
Say
And definitely unpleasant and I'm always terrified for the clock to roll back and the lingering question on me and people like me's mind.
00:40:13.10
Gene
it's terrifying
00:40:20.25
Say
is always like are we going to end up back in shackles like old times like can we can we not be Rewinding the clock back there back to there. Like please. So yes, I despise this and I will fight tooth and nail for my freedom.
00:40:34.71
Say
so
00:40:35.28
Gene
Uh-huh.
00:40:37.48
Wednesday Lee Friday
you know, I want to just. point out one thing. I don't know if if listeners know that. ah that a lot of the people who were being intentionally put out of their jobs, their government jobs.
00:40:50.50
Gene
Oof.
00:40:50.43
Say
Mm-hmm.
00:40:50.44
Wednesday Lee Friday
are non-white people. And. When I hear. my fellow white people talking about it, one of the things... that is presumed is well they're racist so they don't want to be around you know People of color and so they fire them but
00:41:07.56
Gene
Um.
00:41:08.34
Wednesday Lee Friday
It seems pretty clear to me. that They know that. It's not. bad people who commit most crimes it's desperate people and so they are going out of their way to create desperation in specific communities and suddenly removing someone's livelihood.
00:41:28.98
Wednesday Lee Friday
is a great way to do that. and ignoring people's medical needs or the needs of their their families. That's another great way to do that because it makes people desperate.
00:41:40.83
Wednesday Lee Friday
That is why the former CEO of UHC is not alive anymore, because someone was just that.
00:41:41.08
Say
you
00:41:45.15
Gene
ah
00:41:47.02
Wednesday Lee Friday
desperate. Um. So yeah, I...
00:41:50.75
Gene
hu
00:41:52.11
Wednesday Lee Friday
i it's It's terrifying in a lot of different ways. Really? Millie is freaking out because H is home.
00:41:59.50
Gene
mm-hmm
00:41:59.43
Say
maybe Oh.
00:42:02.14
Gene
oh
00:42:03.12
Wednesday Lee Friday
Poor dog. She loves him so much.
00:42:08.78
Wednesday Lee Friday
Plus, you know, he goes outside, so he smells much more interesting than I do because I'm mostly here.
00:42:13.06
Say
It smells like everything.
00:42:12.98
Gene
He smells like everything.
00:42:14.89
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep.
00:42:14.70
Gene
Everything they can't see. When I get out there, I'm going to smell it.
00:42:18.28
Say
I'm just letting you see it.
00:42:19.48
Gene
I'm going to see it. I get it.
00:42:20.93
Say
I get it. um
00:42:22.57
Wednesday Lee Friday
well and the wild thing about millie is like before i got her she had never been inside
00:42:22.88
Gene
again
00:42:28.90
Wednesday Lee Friday
She was born on a farm and had they they never invited her in. and She just lived at the farm.
00:42:33.97
Gene
Hmm.
00:42:34.94
Say
Wow.
00:42:34.99
Gene
Wow
00:42:34.97
Wednesday Lee Friday
She was... I mean, she was young. I got her. She was nine weeks old.
00:42:40.75
Say
I grew up with one of these.
00:42:41.37
Gene
Grew up with all that land.
00:42:43.36
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep. Yep. And now she's in an apartment and she loves it. She loves being. snuggled up under things she likes uh hiding out she's uh i mean you know she's she's pretty out and about but being a puppy she still sleeps like 18 to 20 hours a day But boy, once she wakes up, you know about it.
00:43:05.93
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay, so yeah, but we were talking about... being a disabled person here in America.
00:43:11.04
Say
yeah
00:43:11.91
Wednesday Lee Friday
right now.
00:43:13.12
Say
Yeah.
00:43:13.14
Wednesday Lee Friday
um A lot of people assume that if you are disabled, either physically or mentally, that you receive ah disability assistance in the form of money from from the state and and also the federal government.
00:43:26.32
Wednesday Lee Friday
um That has not been my experience. What what about you, say?
00:43:32.23
Say
Um, yeah, I spent actually four plus years and, you know, we, you've heard about how long it took to get the diagnosis first and before. you can even apply you need to have the diagnosis so then
00:43:47.46
Say
four years of paperwork and um to prove that i was disabled so no it's not been my experience either many disabled people go unfortunately unseen and unheard for years suffering alone with their condition and have to fight against a system that is meant to keep
00:43:47.62
Gene
Four years of...
00:43:52.33
Gene
So... No.
00:44:01.77
Gene
Suffering.
00:44:07.78
Gene
you know keep you from
00:44:07.65
Say
you know keep you from getting these resources. That's what it feels like.
00:44:10.73
Gene
This really feels like that.
00:44:10.72
Say
there's really Yeah, especially if you're any kind of different.
00:44:16.32
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay. Well. That's distressing.
00:44:20.66
Say
and
00:44:20.74
Gene
a
00:44:20.72
Wednesday Lee Friday
Um. So I guess what I want to ask is like in a very general way, I know. Like. Bearing in mind that it takes a long time to get help, once you get help, once you are in a room with a therapist,
00:44:35.25
Wednesday Lee Friday
Um. Did you feel... Like. well received did you feel heard initially did it take a couple of tries like what was that experience like
00:44:42.15
Say
you
00:44:45.26
Gene
Woohoohoo!
00:44:45.95
Say
You know, again, in my most recent experience in my ah current like medical health situation, I was juggled more than like around four or so times within the frame of two months after my therapist I was seeing for two years abruptly quit without notice.
00:44:47.53
Gene
And now again in... My most recent experience... Hi. medical health situation. i always juggle for like around four or so times within the frame of two months After my therapist I was seeing for two years.
00:45:06.00
Gene
abruptly quit without notice.
00:45:09.22
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh. Ouch.
00:45:10.77
Say
ah yeah so i've been like juggled and bounced back and forth and i have very little trust right now
00:45:11.50
Gene
Yeah, so I've been juggling and bouncing and I have very little trust right now.
00:45:17.71
Say
in the current medical system unfortunately the second Part of this is being pushed a single drug option by my rheumatologist.
00:45:17.72
Gene
in the current medical system. The second. part of this um being pushed a single drug option by my dermatologist after many times
00:45:28.02
Say
after many times asking for other options
00:45:29.47
Gene
for other options And then...
00:45:31.74
Say
and them barring me pretty much from seeking other opinions because of an unwritten policy so
00:45:33.68
Gene
Barring me pretty much from seeking other opinions. because of our unwritten policies. Mm hmm.
00:45:39.81
Wednesday Lee Friday
oh
00:45:41.07
Gene
craziness again.
00:45:41.21
Say
Crazy. Again. Cow.
00:45:44.45
Gene
How?
00:45:45.89
Wednesday Lee Friday
Now... that That actually, I mean...
00:45:51.34
Wednesday Lee Friday
Sorry, I just lost my train of thought. But what one of the things that... um people discuss in in mental health circles is that like, yes, these people, they go to medical school.
00:46:02.74
Wednesday Lee Friday
There is a lot of specialized training to be a psychiatrist or a psychologist.
00:46:07.86
Say
Mhm.
00:46:07.90
Wednesday Lee Friday
um but Reading about these conditions is not the same as having them.
00:46:13.97
Say
No. is
00:46:14.32
Wednesday Lee Friday
And that as someone who is living with a condition. it can feel very frustrating to be very clearly and articulately articulately explaining what is happening, how you feel about it and what you want to change. and then Not being heard.
00:46:33.89
Say
Mm hmm.
00:46:33.90
Wednesday Lee Friday
So... What? What do we do about that? Like, how to how to how do you how would you advise someone in that position as someone who has eventually found therapy that they feel good about?
00:46:46.36
Say
Yeah. Um... yeah, to like not give up really because it is kind of... Um... i guess like ah a gamble you know it's like trial and error and there's a yeah
00:47:01.29
Gene
Advocation, too.
00:47:03.28
Wednesday Lee Friday
Mm hmm.
00:47:03.38
Say
And um asking what you you, you know, kind of have an idea what you may want to. um See? How to, um... ask for it.
00:47:14.40
Say
yeah yeah right you gotta be able to articulate your needs to to them you gotta be able to project that.
00:47:14.08
Gene
yeah yeah Yeah. Right. You got to be able to articulate your needs to the to them. You got to be able to project that. You know, if you're coming in and you know that you haven't had a stomach ache like this before, you've had regular stomach aches.
00:47:21.82
Say
You know, if you're coming in. and you know that you haven't had stomach aches like this before you can have regular stomach aches this is
00:47:27.90
Gene
This is.
00:47:29.24
Say
Hi.
00:47:29.15
Gene
Highly.
00:47:30.11
Say
Unusual.
00:47:30.17
Gene
Unusual. You can't just go home with a Pepto-Bismol.
00:47:31.74
Say
You can't just go home.
00:47:32.84
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep.
00:47:34.00
Say
with a tetrabismol. prescription.
00:47:36.09
Gene
prescription You know, being able to.
00:47:36.77
Say
you know. uh being able to
00:47:39.37
Gene
hit them with facts that you can um more facts that you can get about your condition helps them be able to make a better decision you know if you come in there and you're like you know i have an issue like
00:47:39.42
Say
hit them with facts that you can um more effects you can get about your condition helps them be able to make a better decision. you know if you come in there and you're like you know i have an issue like only You're the only person you know what's going on in your mind.
00:47:50.19
Gene
only you're the only person that knows what's going on in your mind and you know what i mean in your body you know like you and you're you're
00:47:53.88
Say
And, you know, i mean in your body, you know. cases to present your case to the doctor.
00:47:57.34
Gene
cases to present your case to the doctor. The way we want it to be like, you know, it's like you you see House and you see other shows.
00:48:00.73
Say
the way we want it to be like you know is like you see house and you see other tools you come into the doctor and it's like doc you got something wrong we ask you a list of questions give you a bunch of prompts that eventually gets them to the solution
00:48:04.74
Gene
You come into the doctor and it's like, Doc, I got something wrong. and They ask you a list of questions, give you a bunch of prompts that eventually gets them to the solution. But it's just like not that way in real life.
00:48:13.27
Say
but it's just like not that way in real life so it's almost like you need to be your own doctor to halfway you have to be in the uh You have to be the...
00:48:16.40
Gene
So it's almost like you have to be your own doctor to halfway.
00:48:17.09
Wednesday Lee Friday
Right.
00:48:20.58
Gene
You have to be the the cutty. You have to be the. ah
00:48:23.97
Say
the athlete.
00:48:24.05
Gene
I forget um what Omar Epps' character was.
00:48:25.06
Say
with Mario's character, because you have to be...
00:48:26.44
Gene
You have to be the character that is...
00:48:27.42
Say
um the character that is. halfway giving you what's what the problem is about your body you're your own specialist
00:48:30.00
Gene
halfway giving you what's the what the problem is about your body you're your own specialist
00:48:34.93
Say
coming.
00:48:34.97
Gene
um coming to another specialist and you're consulting about
00:48:35.47
Say
to another specialist and you're consulting about.
00:48:38.84
Gene
would be an issue that that They deal with that a lot better.
00:48:40.28
Say
And I think people would have a lot better. you know
00:48:41.90
Gene
You know, I would say that's.
00:48:42.91
Say
to say that. that's the way
00:48:43.83
Gene
That's the way.
00:48:44.23
Wednesday Lee Friday
It.
00:48:45.02
Say
if they're you know it's possible but we still have to believe you
00:48:45.07
Gene
if they're you know it's possible but they still have to believe you
00:48:48.53
Wednesday Lee Friday
Right. I always think like.
00:48:49.74
Say
But that's one.
00:48:51.34
Wednesday Lee Friday
It's why I can't watch House.
00:48:53.33
Say
Mhm.
00:48:53.40
Gene
Mhm.
00:48:53.33
Wednesday Lee Friday
Or shows like that. Because you see this guy and somebody comes in and says, yeah, I'm having this pain and I feel like this. and you know, also my foot feels wiggly or whatever.
00:49:04.47
Say
This is fun.
00:49:04.55
Gene
Right.
00:49:04.53
Wednesday Lee Friday
And he's just like, well, I'm going to get to the bottom of this.
00:49:07.49
Gene
Right.
00:49:07.19
Wednesday Lee Friday
And he's, you know, he's so determined.
00:49:08.09
Say
Yeah.
00:49:09.100
Wednesday Lee Friday
He's doing all this research, making calls to people on the other side of the world.
00:49:13.92
Gene
ah right Help!
00:49:14.28
Wednesday Lee Friday
And it's like in real it.
00:49:14.79
Say
help me.
00:49:15.28
Gene
Me.
00:49:16.06
Wednesday Lee Friday
in real life the doctor would be like uh-huh are you sure you're not lying Like.
00:49:20.30
Say
Right.
00:49:20.35
Gene
Right.
00:49:20.54
Wednesday Lee Friday
What?
00:49:20.61
Say
yeah yeah like come on you got 15 minutes finish until my lunch break.
00:49:21.46
Gene
That's it.
00:49:22.47
Wednesday Lee Friday
Well. That certainly sounds like it's all in your mind.
00:49:27.53
Gene
Right.
00:49:27.54
Say
Great. I gotta get you out.
00:49:28.33
Gene
I got to get you out in 15 minutes.
00:49:29.24
Say
in 15 minutes yeah you got 15 minutes come on
00:49:30.34
Gene
How can I make this?
00:49:30.79
Wednesday Lee Friday
Seriously.
00:49:31.64
Gene
Yeah.
00:49:32.81
Say
Come on, make this happy.
00:49:32.37
Gene
ah come on make this snappy what what do you want we want drugs all right we're drug seeking here you go could take Take this to the the drug person.
00:49:33.46
Say
What do you want? Do you want drugs? All right, do you need drugs again?
00:49:35.48
Wednesday Lee Friday
yeah
00:49:36.07
Say
Here you go. You can take this to the drunk.
00:49:38.58
Gene
I just want to get you out.
00:49:38.77
Say
I just want to get you out.
00:49:40.53
Gene
like Help.
00:49:40.58
Say
do you No.
00:49:42.24
Gene
Me.
00:49:42.18
Say
Me. I didn't want to be.
00:49:43.38
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep.
00:49:43.96
Gene
Yeah.
00:49:45.09
Say
i didn't want to be
00:49:44.75
Gene
I didn't even want to be here. Help me.
00:49:46.52
Say
Help me.
00:49:48.25
Gene
you know
00:49:47.83
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yeah, although I will say that... Ever since my extreme poverty got me an all expenses paid trip to U of M hospital. They treat me like a queen.
00:49:59.99
Wednesday Lee Friday
not Not the gay kind, but like the rich. ruling things kind that place is exceptional in terms of like the day-to-day care but then the institutional stuff um I'm going to actually share something about my life with you guys. and And listeners, well, my listeners know I smoke weed. If you if you ever listen to this show, you you know that I smoke weed, right? Um.
00:50:24.85
Wednesday Lee Friday
And that's just something that is ah part of my general wellness routine. Um.
00:50:30.38
Say
Mm hmm. Mm hmm.
00:50:31.52
Wednesday Lee Friday
I have a MedCart. You know, a doctor was like, yes, you have PTSD.
00:50:33.72
Gene
Amen.
00:50:36.33
Wednesday Lee Friday
You will definitely benefit from this. So here's a prescription. um So the last time I was at U of M for an issue with my heart. My chart said that they were treating me.
00:50:48.84
Wednesday Lee Friday
for cannabis dependence.
00:50:51.66
Say
And whoo!
00:50:51.73
Gene
Cool.
00:50:52.09
Wednesday Lee Friday
And. I was Hoppin' mad. that they would say that.
00:50:55.57
Say
Yeah. Mm hmm.
00:50:57.15
Wednesday Lee Friday
and uh Then one of the nurses was like, yeah, I think they have to do that because, you know, you're like funded by such and such program that if you're if they know that you're using, they have to put this down here.
00:51:02.15
Gene
if
00:51:05.28
Gene
Oh, no.
00:51:05.27
Say
Oh yeah.
00:51:09.07
Wednesday Lee Friday
And I'm like, wait a minute.
00:51:09.24
Say
No.
00:51:10.04
Wednesday Lee Friday
We also have private health insurance.
00:51:10.69
Say
Huh?
00:51:12.97
Wednesday Lee Friday
And now my insurer thinks that I went to one of the best teaching hospitals in the country. for cannabis dependence.
00:51:21.16
Say
Wow.
00:51:21.20
Gene
Wow
00:51:22.16
Wednesday Lee Friday
i want that removed from my chart i want it taken off my chart and they were like i'm not sure we could do that and i was like well Let me try this another way.
00:51:22.27
Gene
Come on.
00:51:23.84
Say
a and mean
00:51:29.25
Gene
Whoa.
00:51:31.70
Wednesday Lee Friday
I would like in writing to know precisely what parts of the care that I received here were related to my cannabis dependence.
00:51:41.85
Say
Yeah.
00:51:41.87
Wednesday Lee Friday
I needed itemized list of that. And, uh, Kel's surprise, they took it off my chart.
00:51:45.66
Gene
Mm-hmm.
00:51:47.97
Say
Yeah.
00:51:48.02
Gene
Yeah.
00:51:48.03
Wednesday Lee Friday
So.
00:51:48.84
Say
Right.
00:51:49.11
Wednesday Lee Friday
who
00:51:48.87
Gene
Right.
00:51:49.76
Say
We are out.
00:51:49.81
Gene
You're a problem.
00:51:50.80
Say
two steps away from malpractice technique like he better stop
00:51:50.87
Gene
two steps away from malpractice checkmate. Like, you better stop.
00:51:54.89
Wednesday Lee Friday
Well, and you know, I'm not even, like, I was... very upset about that particular situation.
00:52:01.05
Say
Yeah. Shoot.
00:52:03.20
Wednesday Lee Friday
But they have literally saved my life three or four times at this point.
00:52:03.41
Gene
true
00:52:07.36
Wednesday Lee Friday
I mean, the last time, the paramedics certainly gave an assist. But ah I've been at death's door several times since 2022.
00:52:11.40
Say
mm-hmm
00:52:17.35
Wednesday Lee Friday
Every time I managed to come home and get better. So I have those people to thank for that, ah just despite my cannabis dependence.
00:52:20.69
Gene
Yes. Yes.
00:52:22.69
Say
Yes. Yes.
00:52:25.28
Wednesday Lee Friday
so ah
00:52:25.82
Gene
so Apparently.
00:52:27.88
Say
moment.
00:52:27.92
Gene
Oh my gosh.
00:52:28.19
Wednesday Lee Friday
ah I assure you, if it turns out that God is real and heaven is a place, no way am I going to get there and be like, damn it, why did I smoke all that weed?
00:52:37.87
Gene
No way.
00:52:37.52
Wednesday Lee Friday
No, it's it's never going to be a regret for me.
00:52:37.64
Say
You know.
00:52:41.31
Gene
No way.
00:52:41.32
Say
oh
00:52:41.35
Wednesday Lee Friday
Plus, you know, no glaucoma. That's good.
00:52:44.29
Say
Yeah.
00:52:44.26
Wednesday Lee Friday
Um...
00:52:44.33
Gene
Yeah.
00:52:45.24
Say
Positives all around.
00:52:45.27
Gene
positives all around for that one right
00:52:46.50
Say
yeah
00:52:47.68
Wednesday Lee Friday
So listen, if we can get serious for a minute.
00:52:48.52
Gene
Good for your eyes.
00:52:50.52
Wednesday Lee Friday
Both of you guys gave me consent to ask about a time when you felt in legitimate fear for your life. So what is it that you would like to share?
00:53:03.82
Say
and
00:53:04.79
Gene
Shall I go?
00:53:04.79
Say
so You want to go first? year Yeah. Yeah.
00:53:06.69
Gene
Yeah, I can go
00:53:08.44
Say
So.
00:53:08.51
Gene
um So.
00:53:11.33
Say
for me is
00:53:11.33
Gene
For me, it's
00:53:13.48
Say
difficult for me to they be like in the fiercely the same way that I would experience in a dream.
00:53:13.69
Gene
Difficult for me to... Let's see. like in the fear state the same way that I would experience in a dream.
00:53:21.77
Say
um you know i've experienced like that that more frightful fear and i think it goes back to that
00:53:21.83
Gene
um You know, I've experienced like that. that more frightful fear. And I think it goes back to that. um
00:53:28.05
Say
that hard training for time.
00:53:28.11
Gene
that hard training as a child. But yeah, that fear training.
00:53:31.26
Say
Bye. Yeah, that's your thing.
00:53:32.97
Gene
um It showed me like I was thinking about it that
00:53:34.33
Say
it's so neat like i'm thinking about it that Um,
00:53:37.24
Gene
um there's a certain amount of context that's just missing in the in the dream.
00:53:37.94
Say
there's a certain amount of contacts and it's just missing in the in the dream. and that
00:53:42.53
Gene
and that
00:53:43.37
Say
that whole thing of how do I do it here.
00:53:43.46
Gene
That whole thing, how did I get here? Why am I falling?
00:53:45.75
Say
Why are we following? That part.
00:53:47.21
Gene
That part. is the part that drives the most fear for for that and it induces the most feelings from my body of fear.
00:53:48.03
Say
is the part that drives the most fear for for that and it induces the most feelings from my podcast. Um, Bye.
00:53:55.99
Gene
Um, But.
00:53:57.87
Say
literally like out in the world.
00:53:57.94
Gene
literally like out in the world.
00:54:00.63
Say
That's all.
00:54:00.71
Gene
um i felt
00:54:02.77
Say
I've been in fights on all occasions.
00:54:02.84
Gene
I've been in fights and altercations. you know This is fighting off thieves.
00:54:06.47
Say
fighting off thieves, is maybe just walking home.
00:54:07.54
Gene
This is maybe just walking home from school, you know people pulling out.
00:54:09.55
Say
from school you know, people pulling out. on the next one.
00:54:12.31
Gene
Pull out a knife, you know people that May have or could have had a weapon.
00:54:13.25
Say
you know people that may have. or could have had. with i wouldn't know
00:54:16.36
Gene
I wouldn't know
00:54:17.84
Say
you know, as Dennis.
00:54:17.89
Gene
um or you know i've been in situations that have had friends that have been unfortunate enough to be in the same sort of situations and not be able to not you know not surviving those you know um and so
00:54:19.99
Say
I've had friends that have been unfortunate enough to be in the same sort of situation. and not be able to not you know not survive you know um so living.
00:54:30.65
Gene
living.
00:54:31.71
Say
When I grew up in
00:54:31.78
Gene
When I grew up in... you know richard allen and the projects there
00:54:33.75
Say
you know, Richard Allen's projects. here and it was a lot of issues going.
00:54:36.19
Gene
And it was a lot of issues going on.
00:54:39.81
Say
And so I really had to be careful with my, where I was.
00:54:39.86
Gene
And so I really had to be careful in mind where I was.
00:54:44.39
Say
where I was going, what I was doing, and keeping my wits about me as I traveled, you know, and so I feel like that.
00:54:44.47
Gene
where i was going what i was doing to keep my wits about me um as i traveled you know and so i feel like that
00:54:51.17
Say
Um.
00:54:51.24
Gene
um
00:54:53.11
Say
that sort of presence.
00:54:53.17
Gene
That sort of presence.
00:54:55.26
Say
definitely
00:54:55.37
Gene
definitely was able to
00:54:57.20
Say
was able to whittle down those feelings of fear and just look at it.
00:54:58.93
Gene
whittle down that those feelings of fear and just look at it.
00:55:02.83
Say
as like being prepared.
00:55:02.89
Gene
as like being prepared you know for for what i'm doing uh and being prepared for the fights you know being prepared looking at the situation and being able to be um you know present
00:55:04.68
Say
you know for what I'm doing. being prepared for the fights, you know, being prepared looking at the the situation. and being able to be you know, present.
00:55:16.07
Say
Um,
00:55:16.12
Gene
Um,
00:55:17.43
Say
of that.
00:55:17.50
Gene
Other than that.
00:55:18.35
Say
It's the only real legitimate time where I get into this.
00:55:19.05
Gene
The only real legitimate time where I got the the fears getting pulled over by the cops.
00:55:21.49
Say
The fear is getting pulled over by the fear.
00:55:24.00
Gene
like it's is It's a crazy visceral fear, you know, just seeing a cop.
00:55:25.75
Say
This is is crazy.
00:55:25.80
Wednesday Lee Friday
Sure, sure.
00:55:27.48
Say
visible fear, you know, just be in the God.
00:55:29.64
Gene
out there is it like...
00:55:29.93
Say
out there is like um
00:55:32.77
Gene
hi Ah.
00:55:33.44
Say
You know, it was mine.
00:55:34.09
Gene
you know what's going to happen you know so and i think that calls to the uh that removal of context you know why why would i be
00:55:34.89
Say
You know, so. here nothing that calls to the uh the removal of context. Why would I do that? um
00:55:42.89
Gene
um
00:55:43.73
Say
experience the worst scenarios.
00:55:43.97
Gene
experiencing the worst case scenarios like how I've seen some people.
00:55:46.04
Say
how I've seen some people. um get into
00:55:47.90
Gene
get into. some friends of mine you know not doing anything illegal and find themselves in the the worst.
00:55:49.10
Say
some friends of mine you know not doing anything illegal and find themselves in the worst come from the legal system.
00:55:55.76
Gene
come find to the legal system you know um so i think that's probably the most, those are the most.
00:55:57.53
Say
You know, so I think. That's probably the most. All the best. most real.
00:56:02.67
Gene
real legitimate fears that ah that I have to...
00:56:03.33
Say
legitimate peers that that I have to do. that I have experienced.
00:56:06.43
Gene
that I have experienced um and you know tried my best to fight.
00:56:07.96
Say
Um, and you know try your best to fight
00:56:12.50
Gene
Um,
00:56:13.49
Say
In my life.
00:56:13.57
Gene
in my life.
00:56:15.83
Wednesday Lee Friday
Damn. Well thank you. Thank you for that. Say.
00:56:22.07
Say
um Yes. i do want to make a disclaimer remark for uh self-harm and you know, can we, I don't know.
00:56:33.64
Gene
See you.
00:56:33.31
Say
can see it is unaliving now I don't know
00:56:36.93
Wednesday Lee Friday
You should feel free to use whatever language seems right for you. The show carries a general spoiler warning, or spoiler warning, a general ah trigger warning for that type of content.
00:56:41.60
Gene
Okay.
00:56:45.22
Say
Yeah.
00:56:48.42
Wednesday Lee Friday
And then in the transcript, the transcript actually does that automatically.
00:56:49.01
Say
Okay.
00:56:49.32
Gene
Okay.
00:56:53.16
Wednesday Lee Friday
so
00:56:53.30
Gene
Okay.
00:56:53.41
Say
All right.
00:56:54.45
Wednesday Lee Friday
Feel free.
00:56:54.68
Say
So yeah. um So disclaimer for self-harm and suicide. Um... I sat at the edge of the window. Looking down two stories.
00:57:07.05
Say
I felt numb and betrayed by the world helpless, vulnerable, alone. The voices were whispering in my ears.
00:57:17.39
Gene
Nothing.
00:57:17.23
Say
Nothing but a burden.
00:57:19.37
Gene
You're worthless.
00:57:19.23
Say
You're worthless. You're useless.
00:57:21.22
Gene
You're useless.
00:57:22.46
Say
Pathetic. Too much. m 'lings dangled off the edge.
00:57:25.21
Gene
My legs.
00:57:28.99
Say
And my eyes zoomed in to the cement and the trash bags below. And the gate.
00:57:33.60
Gene
In the game.
00:57:34.56
Say
Swing in there and that looked appealing
00:57:35.12
Gene
there that looked appealing. I can impale my soul.
00:57:36.90
Say
I could impale myself on it on the way down and really get the job done.
00:57:39.28
Gene
It really is. the thoughts
00:57:41.42
Say
The thoughts were spinning.
00:57:43.25
Gene
They weren't mindful.
00:57:43.16
Say
They weren't my thoughts.
00:57:44.88
Gene
It was a darkness.
00:57:44.75
Say
It was a darkness.
00:57:46.34
Gene
What the heck?
00:57:46.24
Say
that had consumed me.
00:57:47.97
Gene
Kick me out of the...
00:57:47.82
Say
kicked me out of the pilot seat and inside my own body.
00:57:48.96
Gene
Let's see. inside my home. Just as my first setup
00:57:51.12
Say
Just as my heart sped up. and I was prepared to leave to my next chapter.
00:57:52.81
Gene
And I was prepared to leave. my next chapter. There was a sharp
00:57:56.55
Say
There was a sharp voice that cut through the dark place.
00:57:57.68
Gene
Voice that cut through. a dark place. and snap me out
00:58:00.21
Say
It snapped me out.
00:58:01.55
Gene
And I stumbled back off the ledge.
00:58:01.64
Say
And I stumbled back off the ledge. So please...
00:58:04.64
Gene
So please. If you do
00:58:05.93
Say
If you do, anybody out there whose audience...
00:58:06.83
Gene
Anybody else here?
00:58:10.09
Gene
You see something?
00:58:09.93
Say
You see something please do say something speak up say something you never know whose life you might be saving
00:58:11.09
Gene
Please.
00:58:14.48
Gene
you never know You might be safe.
00:58:17.79
Say
Um. yeah Thank you.
00:58:22.74
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yeah.
00:58:23.97
Say
Yeah.
00:58:24.05
Gene
Yeah, that's...
00:58:24.87
Say
um
00:58:24.70
Gene
um
00:58:25.54
Say
you know
00:58:25.62
Gene
you know
00:58:26.52
Say
Thursday is found.
00:58:26.59
Gene
There stays talent of like How?
00:58:30.81
Say
She went through um a really rough situation and i was i was out there and both work hard
00:58:30.90
Gene
She went through a really rough situation you know i was i was there and it was it was hard um to be able to.
00:58:37.55
Say
be able um
00:58:39.31
Gene
um
00:58:40.73
Say
It was hard for her to be able to come through that.
00:58:40.77
Gene
It was hard for her to be able to come through that, you know, and have that realization.
00:58:42.19
Say
you know if you have that realization. um
00:58:44.58
Gene
um how close he was.
00:58:45.34
Say
how close you are. So...
00:58:47.33
Gene
So.
00:58:47.46
Wednesday Lee Friday
Absolutely. and that's i mean that's one of the reasons that we that we do this. it's It's why we ask the question. um Because sometimes...
00:58:58.04
Wednesday Lee Friday
We're in fear for our life and... there's there's really nothing we can do. And then sometimes there are things that we can do. And that's that's the point. The point is to recognize what is within your control, what is within your power.
00:59:13.26
Wednesday Lee Friday
So that you won't... take that drastic step. And sometimes It it doesn't even take very long to to bring someone out of, I mean, if they can get through, you know, the next day, the next hour, the next five minutes.
00:59:26.71
Wednesday Lee Friday
It can be enough to say. no man i don't want to die i just want it to be different i want things to be better um
00:59:32.93
Say
V. Amen.
00:59:35.48
Wednesday Lee Friday
for For my experience, nothing cures a suicidal ideation. Like... Almost dying. outside your control.
00:59:45.48
Gene
ah
00:59:46.23
Wednesday Lee Friday
You know, like, oh man, that was actually really painful. I don't want to do that again. Cause like my whole thing was, I was not afraid to just die, but I was terribly afraid.
00:59:58.27
Wednesday Lee Friday
to be badly hurt. and have to live in tremendous pain. The first time I was going to, you know, I had ah a gun for that purpose, but it was a 22.
01:00:10.80
Wednesday Lee Friday
And I was afraid to shoot myself with a .22 and live. I. you know. that i Actually, there's there's a ah guy here in town. that tried to to do that with a shotgun.
01:00:24.17
Wednesday Lee Friday
And he survived. and
01:00:26.54
Say
Peace.
01:00:27.11
Gene
Shocker.
01:00:27.30
Say
Exactly.
01:00:27.57
Wednesday Lee Friday
it's It's very apparent when when you look at this fella. So. and And he's, you know, he's just around town. You'd see him on the bus and be like. ah you know It can be a little startling, honestly.
01:00:42.07
Wednesday Lee Friday
but But yeah, the the the point being that... it ah You never know when it's going to make a difference. And that's why. You know, we we try to curtail that.
01:00:54.35
Wednesday Lee Friday
casual human cruelty that we feel and that multiplies as the world gets worse and worse. It's more and more common to have a bad day and snap at someone or be impatient.
01:01:06.01
Wednesday Lee Friday
or just wish somebody would get the fuck out of your way so you can get to work or whatever, you know?
01:01:10.72
Gene
a
01:01:10.63
Say
no
01:01:12.09
Wednesday Lee Friday
So... So yeah, those those little things and just regarding the other person for a second instead of ourselves. When we could muster it, it makes so... much of a difference and we may never even know how much of a difference we're making
01:01:29.41
Say
Mm hmm.
01:01:30.99
Wednesday Lee Friday
So thank you so much to to both of you guys for that. that's you know we we dig pretty deep around here and and that's that's why so If we can move on to something lighter.
01:01:42.84
Say
Yes, sure.
01:01:42.93
Wednesday Lee Friday
I know you guys are gamers.
01:01:43.06
Gene
ah sure
01:01:44.44
Wednesday Lee Friday
ah you You game with someone that I know.
01:01:45.31
Say
Yes.
01:01:45.36
Gene
Yes.
01:01:46.83
Wednesday Lee Friday
um I'm not really a gamer myself.
01:01:47.85
Say
Hehe.
01:01:48.87
Gene
Really?
01:01:49.88
Wednesday Lee Friday
you know i play like bejeweled and stuff or like word games but we have played uh Yeah.
01:01:53.52
Say
That's a good one.
01:01:53.59
Gene
That's a good one. I like Bejeweled.
01:01:56.80
Wednesday Lee Friday
So, so we have played the cyanide and happiness game. We've played joking hazard. on our phones um so So let's plug those guys right quick. I just want everybody to know that it's like really fun and dirty and stuff.
01:02:12.21
Say
Yeah, this is outrageous.
01:02:12.28
Gene
Yeah, it's so it's outrageous, this game.
01:02:13.46
Say
This game. um
01:02:14.65
Gene
i think you know its it started from um the other game what's the other game that they had the um
01:02:15.49
Say
i think you know It started from London. being the other games
01:02:22.40
Say
They have the black aluminum cars.
01:02:22.48
Gene
They had the black and white cars.
01:02:24.13
Say
Cards Against the Mayor.
01:02:24.22
Gene
Cars against humanity.
01:02:25.64
Wednesday Lee Friday
Mm hmm.
01:02:25.63
Say
Cards Against the Mayor.
01:02:25.70
Gene
Cars Against Humanity, but...
01:02:27.51
Say
Time up.
01:02:27.60
Gene
Turned up.
01:02:28.80
Say
turned out Like.
01:02:28.84
Gene
turned up because it's pictures like There's one thing where you can have the words there, but a picture's worth a thousand words.
01:02:30.92
Say
There's one thing where you can add the words there, but... pictures worth a thousand dollars and the way they end up having these pictures come together.
01:02:34.92
Gene
And the way they they end up having these pictures come together and the way you get to tell the stories is gritty, is funny.
01:02:39.15
Say
We get to tell stories. is It really is funny and heavy.
01:02:42.58
Gene
and having
01:02:43.85
Say
other people make their stories with the same type of cards.
01:02:43.92
Gene
other people. make their stories with the same type of cards.
01:02:47.58
Say
is again this algorithm best explained.
01:02:47.64
Gene
is Again, it's outrageous. It's best explained.
01:02:51.11
Say
playing the game.
01:02:51.18
Gene
Playing the game. So give it a shot.
01:02:52.04
Say
Forgive me.
01:02:52.54
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yeah.
01:02:53.96
Say
Yeah.
01:02:53.84
Wednesday Lee Friday
Joking hazard. Do it up.
01:02:56.02
Say
Yeah, I definitely enjoyed the parody of it and the absurdity with the little pictograms with the car like the cartoony cards. Yeah.
01:03:04.25
Gene
Yeah.
01:03:04.92
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep. Yep. Well, and the cartoon that it's based on is hilarious and equally filthy, so...
01:03:10.01
Say
Yeah, I also have watched a couple of them.
01:03:13.37
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yeah, I mean it
01:03:14.12
Gene
Good job capturing that. Oh, man.
01:03:16.09
Say
um
01:03:15.96
Wednesday Lee Friday
H and I'll just... get in a wormhole with those. Like, have we really been sitting here for an hour watching 45 second cartoons that are filthy?
01:03:25.36
Say
o Are we able to drop some other ones some other games that ah we found interesting?
01:03:25.84
Wednesday Lee Friday
like Oh.
01:03:31.22
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh, please, please do.
01:03:33.28
Say
Yeah. um There is this one I've been following called 13Z. It's a... um actually like a female-led production team.
01:03:45.50
Say
uh and it's kind of got like those tea house kind of vibes and it's coming out soon and we got a chance to demo it It's like a roguelite dungeon crawler based around Chinese zodiac animals.
01:03:55.12
Gene
based around Chinese zodiac animals. There's like different forms.
01:03:58.53
Say
There's like different forms. They have a human form and an animal form that they could transform into.
01:03:59.68
Gene
They have a human form and an animal form. form that you transform into a four-player co-op.
01:04:04.32
Say
a four-player co-op
01:04:06.60
Gene
The boss fights are really fun and challenging.
01:04:06.70
Say
The boss fights are really fun and challenging.
01:04:10.26
Gene
Mm-hmm.
01:04:10.20
Say
Mm-hmm.
01:04:11.37
Wednesday Lee Friday
Nice, nice. Jean, is there a game you want to tell us about?
01:04:16.93
Gene
Oh, well.
01:04:16.85
Say
Oh, well. i Would say not in particular, but I'm a big fighting gamer
01:04:18.37
Gene
I would say not in particular, but I'm a big fighting gamer.
01:04:22.12
Say
Um,
01:04:22.21
Gene
um
01:04:23.10
Say
13z is definitely a good formula.
01:04:23.18
Gene
13 Z is definitely a good fun when we're we had a chance to try and do um
01:04:25.94
Say
I had a chance with Brian do a...
01:04:29.73
Gene
Uh... voice acting role for them they were kind of doing auditions and stuff so we um we're going to put our hat and into that which was interesting um but yeah for me i'm a fighting gamer so from that horror
01:04:30.35
Say
voice actors were for them. They were probably doing auditions and stuff. So, yeah. we're going to put our hat into that. Susie, excuse me. But yeah for me, I'm a fighting gamer. from that word That whole thing that we talked about.
01:04:42.75
Gene
That horror vein that we were talking about. um Mortal Kombat.
01:04:44.81
Say
um Mortal Kombat. You know, so I grew up.
01:04:46.91
Gene
you know so i grew up with
01:04:47.48
Wednesday Lee Friday
Right, right
01:04:48.45
Say
with that's the one of the goriest you know things that you can have out there throughology you know
01:04:49.00
Gene
that's like one of the goriest you know things that you can have out there fatality you know
01:04:54.15
Say
Finished.
01:04:54.21
Gene
Finish it.
01:04:56.04
Say
So...
01:04:56.11
Gene
So.
01:04:56.78
Say
that that from Mortal Kombat with Street Fighter.
01:04:56.86
Gene
that that From Mortal Kombat went to Street Fighter, Street Fighter.
01:05:00.30
Say
uh street fighter um techie
01:05:02.11
Gene
Tekken.
01:05:03.68
Say
And...
01:05:03.76
Gene
And to XKL.
01:05:04.71
Say
to FVR. Unfortunately, their UXEO is on the way out.
01:05:06.15
Gene
Unfortunately, their 2x AO is on the way out.
01:05:09.36
Say
is the League of Legends fighting game.
01:05:09.45
Gene
is the League of Legends fighting game.
01:05:11.88
Say
and uh league of legends has been around for a while they had a show
01:05:12.83
Gene
League of Legends has been around for a while. They had ah um a show come out.
01:05:17.37
Say
our team.
01:05:17.44
Gene
arcane.
01:05:18.62
Say
It was really good and the game was really good and I played it.
01:05:18.68
Gene
and that That was really good, and the the game's really good, and I play that.
01:05:22.35
Say
So let's get this moving.
01:05:22.44
Gene
So that's whitla really fun. So.
01:05:23.85
Say
So. It's worth thinking about.
01:05:24.72
Wednesday Lee Friday
Nice.
01:05:24.87
Gene
as far as fighting games go
01:05:27.10
Wednesday Lee Friday
All right. Cool. Before we get into the next topic, now is the time when I read the names of our top sponsors. And these are people that give us money every month from our Ko-fi site. Ko-fi is K-O hyphen F-I. We are there as sometimes hilarious horror because the show used to be brought to you by the magazine.
01:05:48.03
Wednesday Lee Friday
And now we're just the show. So big thanks to Bradley and Fred, ah Rusty Shackelford, Lilith.
01:05:50.83
Gene
Hmm.
01:05:56.55
Wednesday Lee Friday
Brianna Simmons, low-key. That One Fool, Nimue Ravenfall, and Alison Hough. Thanks so much, everybody. So. Next topic. House Asternum.
01:06:11.34
Wednesday Lee Friday
Tell us everything.
01:06:11.58
Say
Hey.
01:06:14.87
Say
House of Carnaby.
01:06:14.95
Gene
House Aeternum.
01:06:17.30
Say
Yeah, so.
01:06:17.40
Gene
Yeah, so...
01:06:19.20
Say
We have originally...
01:06:19.29
Gene
He is originally Started as a three-year anniversary gift right
01:06:20.46
Say
started as a year. anniversary gift right uh part Oh.
01:06:25.29
Gene
Oh.
01:06:26.23
Say
Well, I bet it.
01:06:26.30
Gene
my bad I'm sorry all right so
01:06:28.36
Wednesday Lee Friday
a
01:06:29.08
Gene
i'll i'll let you tell that part because that's your thing you know but our our house design um I'm not sure if you have an image of it.
01:06:29.02
Say
I want to be able to live with you. That's the thing. you know, but our design. um if you have an image of it
01:06:37.05
Gene
um we should send it Pardon my email.
01:06:37.52
Say
Let's just send it. it or in my email. is It was made by Simeon.
01:06:39.100
Gene
it's It was made by Say.
01:06:41.23
Say
and uh this r2 um elements.
01:06:41.20
Gene
And it's R2. elements signs put together.
01:06:44.94
Say
signs put together.
01:06:46.55
Gene
um it's um
01:06:46.48
Say
In dragonic form. Yes, in trigonic form, yes.
01:06:48.87
Gene
Yes, in dragonic form, of course. The immortal dragon, as it were.
01:06:51.39
Say
the immortal dragon Doesn't work.
01:06:54.49
Gene
um and uh mine's the blue one and hers is the red one and um mine represents air Libra.
01:06:54.41
Say
And that's the one, and here's the red one. And mine represents care. Libra. um
01:07:01.97
Gene
um primarily and a lot of other qualities that.
01:07:02.77
Say
or primarily and along with other qualities that represent me.
01:07:05.96
Gene
represent me.
01:07:07.22
Say
And Saze is...
01:07:07.31
Gene
um and says is will be cancer and the crab and the water sign when those kind of go together and represent her she's
01:07:10.04
Say
be cancer and require the water sign when they will kind of go together and represent her. but really cool.
01:07:16.25
Gene
put really cool um
01:07:18.21
Say
I actually ended up showing this to the crab for the crab dragon.
01:07:18.29
Gene
uh accent in it showing that she's the the crabs like a crab dragon and kind of like an air dragon i'm holding the uh a scale if you look into the the details um but
01:07:22.02
Say
kind of like an air drain hopefully a scale. if you look into the the detail. but.
01:07:29.45
Gene
What we want to do for.
01:07:29.37
Say
What we want to do for... House Aeternum um is
01:07:31.62
Gene
House Aeternum is...
01:07:34.33
Say
Have it be a space for media sound.
01:07:34.43
Gene
Have it be a space for BDSM.
01:07:36.44
Say
and adult gaming.
01:07:36.51
Gene
and adult gaming.
01:07:38.12
Say
um
01:07:38.18
Gene
um
01:07:39.14
Say
if they will tell you more about what our
01:07:39.26
Gene
say we'll tell you more about like our
01:07:41.28
Say
humble beginnings of where uh what we represent
01:07:41.39
Gene
humble beginnings and where uh what we represent um in a minute
01:07:44.57
Say
in a minute. So, but generally we want to be able to represent.
01:07:46.40
Gene
So, but generally we want to be able to represent.
01:07:51.41
Say
wise month of people that want to do gaming.
01:07:51.48
Gene
a wide swath of people that want to do gaming and they want to do kink and have those things work together.
01:07:55.06
Say
and they want to do cake, you know, and have those things work together without being of having some creepy weird hair in the middle, you know.
01:07:58.91
Gene
without without having some creepy weird layer in the middle you know um so
01:08:03.50
Say
um
01:08:03.51
Wednesday Lee Friday
Mm hmm.
01:08:04.40
Say
So. using different techniques that we've gotten over the years with my negotiations.
01:08:05.53
Gene
Using different techniques that we've gotten over the years with negotiations and um you know intentional ethical behavior.
01:08:09.63
Say
and um you know intentional ethical behavior.
01:08:13.60
Gene
We want to have a space that's welcoming for everybody to be able to express.
01:08:14.06
Say
um we want to have a space that's welcoming for everybody to be able to express
01:08:18.44
Gene
um their uniqueness you know, in a way where, you know.
01:08:18.36
Say
their uniqueness. you know, in the way where it's, you know. able to help.
01:08:23.54
Gene
able to help.
01:08:24.73
Say
other people you know just being able to be who you are
01:08:24.82
Gene
other people. you know Just being able to be who you are. in the space and be a little different and do it with a little fun is something I believe that we definitely need.
01:08:28.40
Say
in the space and be a little different and do it with a little fun. is something I believe that we definitely need.
01:08:36.85
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yes.
01:08:36.92
Say
So.
01:08:37.01
Gene
so
01:08:37.64
Say
We both knew that.
01:08:37.72
Gene
We both believe it.
01:08:38.81
Say
Mm hmm. Yeah.
01:08:41.18
Say
So, House Aeternum, yes, it was originally started as a three-year anniversary gift. I created the House Crest Emblem. It was a representation of my idea of the feeling of soul-bound or soulmate connection with Jean. And the motto is Immortalis in Aeternum, which in Latin stands for immortal means forever. As a testament to our love and values. hopefully continuing to prosper for eternity and beyond. um
01:09:13.30
Say
and they want to share us with the world in and various ways through our projects and our creative spaces. BASM is just one of those spaces, and we wanted to have a dungeon hall rental space, but the community is a little conservative around around us, but so it's still a ah work in progress.
01:09:35.31
Wednesday Lee Friday
Sure.
01:09:36.63
Say
Yeah.
01:09:38.04
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay. Now. I know from my own writing, back when I was doing sex writing, a lot of... um BDSM spaces. are, like like you guys were saying, very focused.
01:09:50.93
Wednesday Lee Friday
more specifically to the needs of women and people who are AFAB. um And I think. That. The... The... ah main reason for that focus.
01:10:04.64
Wednesday Lee Friday
might be that in most... Commodified sexual spaces anything that involves you know money or or ah charging admission or a profit margin or anything like that.
01:10:17.72
Wednesday Lee Friday
uh the women are the commodities they're not
01:10:20.36
Say
Amen.
01:10:20.67
Wednesday Lee Friday
the people who are on the receiving end of of all the the pleasure and the fantasy that's going on there. um Is that accurate? or am i misunderstanding what typically happens at at places.
01:10:34.40
Say
Right.
01:10:34.40
Wednesday Lee Friday
And, uh... that you guys are i mean i think more and more bdm spaces do um focus on on women. But is is that why? Is it because that's something that's lacking in the community?
01:10:49.42
Say
um Like...
01:10:49.52
Gene
Um... like From our experience, or at least from my experience, when I've gone to these spaces,
01:10:50.82
Say
from our experience, or at least from my experience, when I've gone to these spaces. the people that...
01:10:56.18
Gene
um The people that...
01:10:57.97
Say
post them.
01:10:58.08
Gene
host them.
01:10:58.86
Say
It kind of focused on
01:10:58.66
Gene
It kind of focused on
01:11:01.04
Say
providing the space.
01:11:01.10
Gene
providing the space.
01:11:02.80
Say
and then they may have an activity when they're there.
01:11:02.88
Gene
And then they'll they may have activities when they're there. like they're Of course, like they have their...
01:11:06.70
Say
And of course, they have their... their war.
01:11:08.91
Gene
their lore right the lore is like all this stuff is happening here you know and they they they may use imagery that suggests
01:11:09.93
Say
Right. The lures. all this stuff is happening here you know and it even made this imagery that suggests
01:11:13.92
Wednesday Lee Friday
Mm hmm.
01:11:17.37
Say
the same things that you're used to seeing.
01:11:17.45
Gene
the same things that you're used to seeing but usually in the space they're they're trying to have it be facilitate a space where people
01:11:19.37
Say
Wait. usually in the space there driver and review. facilitate a space for people. can do their thing emotionally.
01:11:26.06
Gene
can do their thing amongst themselves you know so it's it kind of starts like
01:11:27.44
Say
So. you know So it's kind of stressful.
01:11:29.53
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay.
01:11:30.75
Say
as his own group, so people
01:11:30.83
Gene
as ah as its own group. So people...
01:11:33.62
Say
typically have a conversation about where to go to.
01:11:33.77
Gene
Typically. have a conversation of some sort to go to a munch or some sort of organizational event that's not directly kink related.
01:11:37.22
Say
Amen. um or some sort of uh organizational event that's not directly deleted. And then.
01:11:44.30
Gene
And then. from their you know the form their connection.
01:11:45.02
Say
from their you know the and form their connections or maybe
01:11:48.56
Gene
So maybe it it doesn't work out.
01:11:49.35
Say
it doesn't work out maybe it does be' like yeah
01:11:50.52
Gene
Maybe it does. you're like yeah
01:11:52.21
Say
made me think Christmas kind of cool.
01:11:52.30
Gene
maybe that person was kind of cool and let's talk about meeting up
01:11:54.25
Say
Now let's talk about meeting up. you know, or, you know, to discuss.
01:11:56.29
Gene
you know or you know discuss whatever they're going to discuss.
01:11:58.34
Say
Whatever you want. guys. I do. ideally
01:12:00.25
Gene
Ideally though.
01:12:01.92
Say
It was a negotiated thing.
01:12:01.55
Gene
they would have a negotiated thing.
01:12:04.15
Say
This is where people get tricked up here.
01:12:03.87
Gene
This is where people get tripped up here.
01:12:04.77
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep. Yep.
01:12:06.28
Gene
Right here is around where negotiation would happen if you're going to go to this space with the person.
01:12:06.20
Say
right here. there's a round of negotiation happening if you're going to go to do this place with the person So.
01:12:12.43
Gene
um
01:12:14.10
Say
You just have to talk with them.
01:12:14.19
Gene
You have to talk with them.
01:12:15.13
Say
You think all this stuff's cool.
01:12:15.28
Gene
You think all the stuff's cool.
01:12:16.27
Say
You say, hey, most of this might be a dom, so it might be a sub.
01:12:16.38
Gene
You say someone someone might be a dom, someone might be a sub.
01:12:19.14
Say
And they go over their boundaries.
01:12:19.24
Gene
And they go over their boundaries and they go over the things that they want to do, what they want to see, if it's impact or.
01:12:21.17
Say
to go over the things that they want to do what they want to see if it's impact or
01:12:24.55
Gene
or what have you, and then you get to the space.
01:12:25.03
Say
or what have you And then you get to the space. And at this point, you know, um
01:12:28.89
Gene
And at this point, you know. um
01:12:31.21
Say
there's a lot of you see
01:12:31.32
Gene
there's a lot of you see
01:12:33.53
Say
a lot of people coming in with more preformed groups.
01:12:33.61
Gene
a lot of people coming in with their own preformed groups.
01:12:36.85
Say
And they're doing.
01:12:36.93
Gene
And they're doing.
01:12:37.97
Say
the things that they had already talked about.
01:12:37.54
Gene
the things that they had already talked about.
01:12:40.38
Say
doing in their own context.
01:12:40.43
Gene
doing in their own context so
01:12:42.22
Say
So. That's what I'm used to seeing.
01:12:43.08
Gene
That's what I'm used to seeing.
01:12:44.16
Say
And then you get other people that come in.
01:12:44.38
Gene
And then you get other people that come in and then they might be by themselves trying to maybe see what's going on.
01:12:46.87
Say
and then they might be by themselves trying to see what's going on maybe trying to meet someone.
01:12:50.64
Gene
or maybe trying to meet someone um and you know at that point already though the the the
01:12:53.09
Say
and you know at that point already the the community has already been formed a bit.
01:12:57.76
Gene
the community has already been formed a bit and the person that's running the event is kind of
01:12:59.92
Say
and the person that's running the event kind of you know putting out some appetizers for the group
01:13:03.10
Gene
you know putting out some appetizers for the group
01:13:06.77
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay.
01:13:07.84
Say
he Um. Yeah. Oh, well, I guess and and in my experience, it hasn't been like women's specific focus and um more of a queer focus.
01:13:21.29
Gene
Mm-hmm
01:13:21.15
Say
At least the spaces I frequent, in we're all like ah LGBT friendly and inclusive, though I can see how women can feel more heard in some of the more vetted BDSM environments.
01:13:26.64
Gene
Absolutely.
01:13:33.12
Gene
Mm-hmm. Uh-huh. uh-huh
01:13:34.89
Say
that focuses on best practices communication becomes the forefront.
01:13:39.74
Gene
Mm-hmm, mm-hmm.
01:13:39.74
Say
and learning about negotiations and setting boundaries. ha
01:13:43.39
Gene
paramount
01:13:44.27
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yes, like very specific forms of of consent. because the activities are so often out of the norm.
01:13:48.62
Say
Yes.
01:13:48.72
Gene
Yes.
01:13:52.40
Wednesday Lee Friday
there is less that one can assume.
01:13:55.83
Say
Right.
01:13:55.93
Gene
right You can't just go in there being like, hey.
01:13:55.95
Say
You can't just go in there and be like, hey.
01:13:56.54
Wednesday Lee Friday
You know.
01:13:58.78
Gene
Do stuff to me that's kinky.
01:13:58.68
Say
do stuff to me that's monkeyy like, well, come on.
01:14:00.67
Gene
like Well. Come on, you can't just do that, you gotta talk.
01:14:02.69
Say
we can If you actually do that, you gotta talk, you gotta communicate.
01:14:05.39
Gene
Got to communicate.
01:14:05.97
Wednesday Lee Friday
Well, and and that's the thing that like BDSM, even if you know your partner pretty well, it's not something that you should just jump into.
01:14:06.91
Say
Yeah.
01:14:06.99
Gene
Yeah.
01:14:14.44
Gene
o
01:14:14.71
Wednesday Lee Friday
Last time I was in the hospital, the nurses were telling me stories about people that came into the yeah ah ER r after seeing one of those shades of whatever movies and ah and just thinking they might just jump into, you know, handcuffs and spreader bars and whatnot.
01:14:23.07
Say
No.
01:14:23.16
Gene
add Hmm.
01:14:30.39
Say
um
01:14:30.42
Gene
a
01:14:30.50
Wednesday Lee Friday
and ah No, you you can't just do that. End. Um. but But also, I know that BDSM spaces are often...
01:14:38.04
Say
oh
01:14:43.01
Wednesday Lee Friday
Away. like those kind of activities are a way for people with trauma. to reclaim control and and power because because of all that because their needs are being discussed and their boundaries are being respected and that gives them freedom to explore things that
01:15:01.80
Say
Good morning.
01:15:01.86
Gene
mm-hmm
01:15:02.27
Wednesday Lee Friday
you can't really do it in an unsafe environment. Can you speak to that at all?
01:15:10.72
Say
Oh, well Absolutely.
01:15:10.81
Gene
Oh, well. Absolutely.
01:15:12.48
Say
um
01:15:12.28
Gene
um
01:15:13.77
Say
People all the time, they're able to use...
01:15:13.80
Gene
People all the time, they're able to use...
01:15:16.11
Say
um
01:15:16.79
Gene
these skills and these techniques um through negotiation to deal with.
01:15:16.85
Say
these skills and these techniques. through negotiation. to deal with um things in their own specific context.
01:15:23.11
Gene
things in their uh their own specific context you know i think of it like a like a martial art
01:15:25.24
Say
you know I think of it like a martial art. also like or any form um that you're practicing
01:15:29.00
Gene
Also like or any form uh that you're practicing
01:15:33.40
Say
um
01:15:33.50
Gene
um we when you get
01:15:34.78
Say
when you get to our level of it where it's almost religious.
01:15:35.87
Gene
to a level of it where it's almost religious.
01:15:39.20
Say
you can
01:15:39.28
Gene
um you can
01:15:41.01
Say
you know use this
01:15:41.12
Gene
you know use this to be able to express your emotions.
01:15:43.08
Say
to be able to express your emotions.
01:15:45.86
Gene
that That's how.
01:15:46.46
Say
That's how. i've been I've been looking at it.
01:15:47.66
Gene
I've been, I've been looking at it. And so like the sky is the limit really.
01:15:49.46
Say
And so like pride is the limit, really. with
01:15:51.52
Gene
with transform the storytelling when people get into
01:15:52.36
Say
transform the storytelling that people get into. um whatever practice they are you know then when you get into um
01:15:55.60
Gene
um whatever practice they are you know and when you get into um Dom space, subspace, you know, head spaces.
01:15:59.69
Say
Dom space, sub space. you know head spaces
01:16:03.13
Gene
um you know when you're able to do that and be able to let go because you have already put all the guard rails in place and i've seen it open up a lot of um
01:16:03.04
Say
um you know And we were able to do that. be able to let go because you have already put off guard in this place. and i've seen it open up a lot of um untapped levels of emotional depth.
01:16:14.76
Gene
untapped levels of emotional depth.
01:16:19.43
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay.
01:16:21.97
Wednesday Lee Friday
Cool. Now, is there anything else that we should know about BDSM culture? Like what's something people would not suspect that would be surprising? about the culture.
01:16:34.94
Gene
For me, I'd say...
01:16:35.16
Say
For me, that's the How?
01:16:37.90
Gene
How?
01:16:38.14
Say
of you nice people are.
01:16:40.68
Gene
Nice people are.
01:16:42.40
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep.
01:16:42.24
Say
Like, I always think that you...
01:16:42.34
Gene
like I would think that you you know you wouldn't think that it's so friendly and inviting when you go into a place like this.
01:16:44.11
Say
you know the paper this is so friendly and inviting when you go into a place like that you think everyone has there.
01:16:49.84
Gene
You think everyone has their their their game face on, their dom faces on.
01:16:51.47
Say
their their game face on their dog faces on you know everyone's in there having fun having a good time usually you know you might have um
01:16:54.30
Gene
Everybody's in there having fun, having a good time usually. You know you might have... um
01:16:58.50
Say
you know a couple people that might be into
01:16:58.56
Gene
you know a couple people that might be into
01:17:00.87
Say
you know living out exactly to the T, their character.
01:17:00.95
Gene
you know living out exactly to the t their character you know i'm dom such and such and when i come out here
01:17:04.80
Say
you know, I'm Dom, first and foremost. And we're not coming out here. The word, my word is lost, you know what I mean?
01:17:09.19
Gene
the word My word is law. you know and the
01:17:11.50
Say
that's the thing the people like being under this person because they know that guy's word is law you know and they just you see them and you know people grab you gravitate toward that and you know other people are just like hey yeah you know Take a look at what I've got here.
01:17:11.56
Gene
that's That's their thing. And people like being under this person because... they know that guy's word is law, you know, and they just, you see them and, you know, people can gravitate through that.
01:17:22.17
Gene
And, you know, when you got other people are just like, hey, yeah, you know, take a look at what I've got here.
01:17:26.42
Say
here you like this vlogger this is a really cool vlogger you know check it out and you know what i can do with it what me and my partner can do you know
01:17:27.00
Gene
you like this vlogger this is a really cool vlogger you know check it out you know look what i can do with it look at what me and my partner can do you know um and view it more and use it more of as a um
01:17:34.00
Say
and view it more and use it more of as well.
01:17:37.41
Gene
uh a time for exhibitionism you know so people can see
01:17:37.31
Say
a time for exhibitionism, you know so people can see. you you know it's like a nice environment to be able to
01:17:41.18
Gene
you you know it's like a nice environment to be able to
01:17:45.25
Say
express yourself and then be able to get like a mutual appreciation.
01:17:44.95
Gene
um express yourself and then be able to get like a mutual appreciation for your particular art form.
01:17:49.04
Say
for your particular art. you know
01:17:50.86
Gene
you know.
01:17:51.56
Say
the uh
01:17:51.65
Gene
be, uh... you know, like I was saying, BDSM being an art.
01:17:52.58
Say
you know, let us know what BDSM is. and art were being similar to
01:17:55.63
Gene
or being similar to
01:17:59.36
Say
martial arts or any discipline like that.
01:17:59.50
Gene
martial arts or any discipline like that. um when you're doing these moves you're doing this practice um these practice motions but you're you're really um tapping into
01:18:02.79
Say
You're doing. moves you're doing this practice these practice motions but you're you're really um tapping into the multiple things and cutting into it.
01:18:10.77
Gene
multiple things that can happen into an i e an idea.
01:18:12.32
Say
i an idea. You know?
01:18:14.05
Gene
you know.
01:18:16.09
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yes. Now what you are saying makes so much sense. And there is a parallel to that in the horror community.
01:18:23.61
Gene
o
01:18:23.75
Wednesday Lee Friday
Because people assume. that people who make horror and people who love horror are mean, they're scary, they're withdrawn they could be a serial killer you never know and then you go to a horror convention and everybody's hugging and smiling and sharing pictures and you know pretending to attack each other or whatever i mean just it's a it's a fun welcoming environment
01:18:34.89
Say
Right.
01:18:34.95
Gene
Right, of course
01:18:35.23
Say
you
01:18:42.27
Say
oh my gosh
01:18:43.20
Gene
Yeah.
01:18:48.66
Wednesday Lee Friday
You know. uh try try to be a bully in front of a horror fan and see what happens to you because odds are that horror fan is gonna get up and show you what horror fans are made of you know but they they will
01:18:53.64
Gene
ah
01:18:54.76
Say
Good morning.
01:18:55.12
Gene
ah
01:18:59.95
Say
Right.
01:19:00.05
Gene
Right.
01:19:00.84
Say
We've been training this one.
01:19:00.93
Gene
We've been trained in the fight. Jason, like...
01:19:02.19
Say
jason like
01:19:02.61
Wednesday Lee Friday
but but But that's the thing, that there's an honor to that. And the thing is, my my theory actually is that... in the the horror community, like the BDSM community.
01:19:13.79
Wednesday Lee Friday
you are If you're a member of that community, you are a person who knows that not everyone loves or respects or understands what you do, but you're doing it anyway because you're being true to yourself and your people.
01:19:21.76
Say
yeah mm-hmm
01:19:27.81
Gene
Mm hmm.
01:19:27.76
Say
Mm-hmm. Yes.
01:19:28.98
Gene
Yes.
01:19:29.40
Wednesday Lee Friday
and And I think that that... at its core. is the difference between... conservatives and progressives because conservatives in this country, like the far right.
01:19:42.80
Say
mm-hmm
01:19:42.88
Wednesday Lee Friday
They're lying about who they love. They're lying about what they want. They're lying about what they believe outwardly, you know, like these, these like anti-choice people and then their mistress gets knocked up and they're paying for the abortion or whatever, you know, and like a whole bunch of those dudes are turning out to be gay and like, you know, and it's like, it's fine.
01:19:52.52
Gene
Uh huh. her
01:19:56.44
Say
Mm hmm.
01:20:00.52
Say
music
01:20:02.63
Wednesday Lee Friday
and Just, just be gay if you want to, but they can't because. That's what their culture is. Their culture says they can't do it.
01:20:08.19
Say
thank
01:20:08.23
Gene
their culture.
01:20:09.87
Wednesday Lee Friday
So they're miserable and they take it out on everyone. And that's why they are so. gleeful about hurting people meanwhile the democrats are having the kind of sex they enjoy eating the foods they like treating each other basically well i mean i'm not going to say there's not still some bullshit among progressives and democrats and whatnot because you know because because greed is everywhere there's no escaping the greed and that part of it will certainly poison the well so you know but but that aside
01:20:28.97
Say
yeah
01:20:29.06
Gene
Yeah, yeah, yeah
01:20:33.16
Gene
over
01:20:37.26
Gene
hello
01:20:40.53
Wednesday Lee Friday
People who are living authentically. are going to be happier than people who are miserable because they're hiding half the things that make them them.
01:20:51.34
Gene
Yes.
01:20:51.78
Say
Yes. Yes.
01:20:52.29
Gene
Yes.
01:20:52.57
Say
You need that.
01:20:52.66
Gene
You need that.
01:20:53.60
Say
You need that to be able to be you.
01:20:53.48
Gene
You need that to be able to be you. I think.
01:20:56.08
Say
I think. you know, maybe it's it's part of...
01:20:57.16
Gene
you know maybe it's is's part of a
01:20:59.08
Say
um you know, quicker thing, you know.
01:21:00.13
Gene
you know, a Quaker thing, you know, that.
01:21:02.21
Say
that there's people
01:21:03.18
Gene
They're people.
01:21:04.43
Say
We need people to be who they are.
01:21:04.53
Gene
We need people to be who they are.
01:21:06.66
Say
You might be.
01:21:06.76
Gene
like If people are able to be who they are, I feel like you can tap more into human potential.
01:21:07.60
Say
if people are able to be who they are i feel like you can tap more into human potential but it's hard for humans to be.
01:21:13.82
Gene
But it's hard for humans to be.
01:21:14.10
Wednesday Lee Friday
Mm hmm.
01:21:16.07
Say
who they are because of the cultures that they're in and the things that you have to do.
01:21:15.57
Gene
who they are because of the cultures that they're in and the the things that you have to do.
01:21:20.67
Say
you know, or the things that you.
01:21:20.77
Gene
you know, or things that you are supposed to do or not supposed to do.
01:21:22.29
Say
or supposed to do or not supposed to do. We can get wrapped up in it.
01:21:24.17
Gene
and People get wrapped up in that. you know.
01:21:25.61
Say
you know um
01:21:26.24
Gene
um
01:21:27.08
Say
i got this
01:21:27.17
Gene
i Got this thing
01:21:28.35
Say
that we can talk about now for the right time.
01:21:28.45
Gene
that we can talk about later i'm not sure the right time i had it
01:21:30.56
Say
ahead for a little later.
01:21:31.23
Gene
for a little later, but
01:21:32.15
Say
but Good ol' anime.
01:21:33.90
Gene
Good old anime.
01:21:35.30
Say
Thank you.
01:21:35.41
Gene
tech here.
01:21:36.37
Say
from minority.
01:21:36.40
Gene
from naruto
01:21:37.65
Say
the way of the ninja
01:21:37.68
Gene
Your way of the ninja, right?
01:21:40.36
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay.
01:21:41.42
Say
The way of the ninja.
01:21:41.53
Gene
The way of the ninja, your ninja way is just a a belief system or a way of looking at things that is like.
01:21:42.21
Say
Your ninja way. is just a ah belief system or a way of looking at it. instead it's like You got to do the way.
01:21:49.01
Gene
You got to do the way.
01:21:51.35
Say
You got to do life the way that you can do life.
01:21:51.44
Gene
You got to do life the way that you. can do life. you know You can't walk in someone else's shoes all the time.
01:21:54.02
Say
You can't walk into someone else's shoes all the time. you have to be able to identify, to be able to.
01:21:56.91
Gene
You have to be able to identify, to be able to...
01:22:00.62
Say
introspect.
01:22:00.72
Gene
introspect.
01:22:01.97
Say
um
01:22:02.07
Gene
um
01:22:02.91
Say
you know
01:22:03.01
Gene
you know uh introspect.
01:22:03.75
Say
um Interesting. There's not a word.
01:22:05.89
Gene
There's another word that I want to use.
01:22:09.52
Say
It was an accountability. what's that is it accountability accountability no this is more about knowing yourself knowing yourself knowing yourself Awareness.
01:22:10.98
Gene
What's that? No, it's more about knowing yourself. Knowing yourself and being able to project yourself awareness.
01:22:16.25
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh. awareness.
01:22:18.44
Gene
Yeah
01:22:19.66
Say
and being happy awareness of yourself to be able to put that
01:22:19.72
Gene
and being having the awareness of yourself to be able to put that
01:22:23.44
Say
Work on it.
01:22:23.55
Gene
Work on that. and put that forward.
01:22:24.45
Say
and put that forward um honestly of course definitely when when possible you know the courses sometimes
01:22:26.15
Gene
um honestly of course and ethically when when when possible you know of course there's sometimes where
01:22:31.27
Wednesday Lee Friday
Mm hmm.
01:22:32.38
Say
you have to
01:22:32.47
Gene
you You have to... react and you know but you still want to train in your way so that when that situation comes up, comes up you'll be able to react in a way that is core to you.
01:22:33.80
Say
react And, you know, but you still want to train in your way. when that situation comes out. comes up you'll be able to react in a way that is forward to you You know, is that's how I...
01:22:45.39
Gene
um you know that's that's how i I view a lot of a lot of that when people don't end up.
01:22:47.33
Say
I view a lot of. a lot of that when people don't end up They're fighting, I think.
01:22:52.35
Gene
They're fighting it. I think in.
01:22:53.61
Say
in um
01:22:53.86
Gene
um
01:22:54.73
Say
Christianity would refer to as punching the spirit.
01:22:54.83
Gene
Christianity, they refer to as quenching the spirit.
01:22:58.07
Say
is like you can't...
01:22:58.17
Gene
is like you can't
01:22:59.53
Say
if if you got this thing that's pulling at you you gotta adjust that you know and you figure it out and get yourself ready
01:22:59.52
Gene
If... If you got this thing that's pulling that, you got to address that. You know, and you figure that out and get yourself right. you know If you don't get yourself right, you're going to influence.
01:23:08.54
Say
Yeah. if you don't get yourself free you're going to influence possibly poison everything around you.
01:23:11.05
Gene
possibly poison everything around you.
01:23:13.80
Say
so
01:23:13.90
Gene
so
01:23:14.21
Wednesday Lee Friday
mm-hmm Yep.
01:23:17.88
Wednesday Lee Friday
Say anything you want to add to that?
01:23:20.73
Say
um I was going to... Um... Jump back to where we were talking about the ladies. And the BDSM spaces, if that's okay.
01:23:29.01
Gene
Mm hmm.
01:23:32.70
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh absolutely.
01:23:33.30
Say
Goodbye. Yeah, because I actually have two really great... um role models in the BDSM community community that I personally know of.
01:23:45.84
Say
um One is that I'm honored to say that... um that is a mentor of mine uh elegantly kinky or mistress zeneca who runs out of of
01:23:59.18
Say
philly and she uh does really great lovely and welcoming events such as like vampire valentines and cherry noir and she also has known for her uh handcrafted um like spooky horror uh presentations that she did at the um uptown bard in the garden which she did a stranger things.
01:24:21.39
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh, wow.
01:24:22.73
Say
Um, yeah.
01:24:23.39
Gene
ah 3d centerpieces is really cool
01:24:25.02
Say
And then... Yeah. It's great stuff.
01:24:27.60
Wednesday Lee Friday
Neat.
01:24:29.06
Say
um And another one that we actually had the honor to staff. for was ah Dungeons and Geekdoms, which is out of New Jersey and that's run by Fire.
01:24:40.32
Say
and It's a large geeky hotel takeover that happens every year around March. And it's heavily queer-centric, amazingly inviting. The panels, they have panels, games, scenes, they like two dungeons. Yeah, and we got to host our pet palooza there one year, and that was really good. Moshing, animals, yeah.
01:25:04.81
Say
Yeah, it's definitely that.
01:25:04.91
Gene
Yes, bet play.
01:25:06.18
Say
Yeah, please.
01:25:06.78
Gene
Got to represent.
01:25:07.89
Say
is
01:25:08.31
Wednesday Lee Friday
ah
01:25:10.51
Say
Yes. I love to wear my tail in my ears.
01:25:11.10
Gene
It was cool.
01:25:13.64
Say
What can I say?
01:25:14.86
Gene
Right, you know but a lot of...
01:25:15.21
Wednesday Lee Friday
Awww.
01:25:16.37
Say
It was good.
01:25:16.48
Gene
it was cool to um present that to people because we were able to see that you know and share that Um,
01:25:17.76
Say
present that to people very and see that, you know, I shared that. um you know demystify i guess
01:25:22.79
Gene
you know demystify i guess pet play because a lot of people it seems like they think that it's like
01:25:24.41
Say
that way because a lot of people it seems like they think that it's like
01:25:26.09
Wednesday Lee Friday
h
01:25:28.46
Say
people wanting to do things.
01:25:28.58
Gene
people. wanting to do things.
01:25:30.67
Say
with
01:25:30.78
Gene
with.
01:25:31.33
Say
they're
01:25:31.44
Gene
they're
01:25:32.19
Say
and with their animals.
01:25:32.29
Gene
animals like and Like, it's not...
01:25:33.10
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay.
01:25:34.10
Say
They consider bestology which it which it is not, not.
01:25:34.19
Gene
That's not it. Beastiality. It's not that at all. It's not that.
01:25:39.60
Say
good
01:25:39.69
Gene
Ha! you know it's it's like accessing ah an alternative form you know um you talked about theory and Did you talk about BMP?
01:25:40.16
Say
you know it's it's like accessing alternative form. you know you talking about furian they talk about yeah that i'm a theory and that i'm a coyote theory or a aware coyote theory Um... it's very much tied to my uh spiritualism or you know my um Yeah, my spiritualism.
01:26:03.44
Say
yeah is's very much hard to that it doesn't you know represent the think it is you know it's you know getting out your playful beautiful energy it can be as simple as that you know um it could be
01:26:03.53
Gene
Yeah, very it's very much tied to that. It doesn't have to you know represent the the raunchy things that people think it is. It's getting out your playful, youthful energy. It can be as simple as that. you know it can be
01:26:15.35
Say
um
01:26:15.46
Gene
um fun you know it doesn't have to be it could be you're pretending to be a dog you know maybe thinking Rugrats.
01:26:16.45
Say
fine You know, it doesn't have to be it can be you pretending to be a dog. You know. made me think and grow.
01:26:21.62
Wednesday Lee Friday
Well, I mean...
01:26:22.92
Gene
you know.
01:26:22.66
Wednesday Lee Friday
any anybody that is openly talking about the sex things they do on this show It's all about so ah consenting adults, like adults giving informed consent.
01:26:31.70
Say
Yeah, right.
01:26:31.80
Gene
no
01:26:34.20
Say
Yeah.
01:26:34.29
Wednesday Lee Friday
every time we
01:26:35.03
Say
like sexiness get sexy right
01:26:36.55
Wednesday Lee Friday
we We don't tolerate anything else.
01:26:36.86
Gene
Right.
01:26:39.23
Wednesday Lee Friday
um The interesting thing about that kind of misunderstanding is that so often when people are judging other people's sexuality. or or you know what they're actually saying is.
01:26:52.48
Wednesday Lee Friday
The thing that I imagine you doing? is disgusting and you shouldn't be doing the thing that is going on in my head right now when i picture that well and that's why
01:26:58.51
Say
That's very nice.
01:26:58.63
Gene
Mm-mm. Mhm.
01:27:02.99
Wednesday Lee Friday
When people say, like... you know, like When you talk to a MAGA boy about gayness, the first thing that goes into their mind when they hear the word gay is men sucking each other off.
01:27:10.12
Gene
Uh huh.
01:27:15.36
Say
Yeah.
01:27:15.32
Wednesday Lee Friday
like that's Always where it goes.
01:27:15.48
Gene
a
01:27:17.29
Wednesday Lee Friday
Always, always, always.
01:27:17.89
Say
um
01:27:19.27
Wednesday Lee Friday
and but But that's not what they do with heterosexual couples. I mean, a gay couple is a couple.
01:27:25.74
Say
Yeah.
01:27:25.63
Wednesday Lee Friday
And sure, that that probably happens, but that's not all there is, for goodness sake.
01:27:25.86
Gene
ah
01:27:31.29
Wednesday Lee Friday
and But they don't do that with with hetero couples.
01:27:31.39
Say
Bye.
01:27:31.52
Gene
ah
01:27:34.57
Wednesday Lee Friday
You don't say like, oh, so and so and in such and such chick are getting married. um you know, isn't that great? And people don't don't start talking about like, you know, wedding night sex and and very specific genital related things, you know, that's, and so that's the thing.
01:27:42.67
Gene
Right.
01:27:47.40
Say
Great.
01:27:47.39
Gene
Right.
01:27:48.58
Say
Right.
01:27:48.67
Gene
Right. it's not the
01:27:52.57
Wednesday Lee Friday
That's what other people are making it about.
01:27:55.65
Gene
a
01:27:55.71
Wednesday Lee Friday
you know, like.
01:27:56.66
Say
I'm afraid it is, you know.
01:27:56.72
Gene
Your prejudice is showing.
01:27:56.94
Wednesday Lee Friday
Trans people. not right exactly and it's like you know well i don't understand how people can blah blah blah blah blah well guess what you don't have to understand it
01:28:05.62
Gene
Uh huh.
01:28:05.56
Say
Mm-hmm. not for you
01:28:06.40
Gene
it's not for you
01:28:06.40
Wednesday Lee Friday
You know? I don't understand how people can watch the same sporting event. 2020. fucking times during one season and still be entertained by it every single time.
01:28:17.94
Wednesday Lee Friday
Like he's going to hit the ball and then he's going to run.
01:28:17.100
Gene
I get it, I get that
01:28:20.01
Wednesday Lee Friday
Why are we still here for nine innings of this?
01:28:23.12
Gene
Yeah.
01:28:23.64
Wednesday Lee Friday
who but But it's fine.
01:28:24.46
Say
Why do you have a shirt with his name on it?
01:28:24.54
Gene
Why do you have a shirt with his name on it?
01:28:26.76
Wednesday Lee Friday
i wouldn't I wouldn't try to take it from anyone. If that's what you enjoy, do it. You know?
01:28:32.14
Gene
Mm hmm.
01:28:32.86
Say
Yeah.
01:28:32.95
Gene
mm-hmm
01:28:33.03
Wednesday Lee Friday
Just don't scream at your kid because he doesn't do it as well as you think he should. because...
01:28:37.53
Gene
Come on.
01:28:37.43
Say
I'm already drunk.
01:28:38.10
Gene
Right.
01:28:38.60
Wednesday Lee Friday
Sports parents are a whole other issue. But OK, wait. So, Jean, now I am aware. that you make music.
01:28:47.10
Say
Yes.
01:28:47.22
Gene
Yes.
01:28:48.16
Say
um
01:28:48.15
Wednesday Lee Friday
Can we hear some?
01:28:48.26
Gene
um Yeah. uh yeah i i uh yeah we definitely could i have um the youtube
01:28:49.73
Say
Yeah, I mean, yeah, we definitely do it. I have the YouTube. Bye.
01:28:56.29
Gene
fight.
01:28:56.90
Say
ready to go.
01:28:57.01
Gene
ready to go um and that on that is um
01:28:57.89
Say
and that neck is um King Fine.
01:29:00.89
Gene
King sign.
01:29:02.33
Say
Three.
01:29:02.42
Gene
Three.
01:29:03.07
Say
on the only top negative
01:29:03.14
Gene
on on utah on youtube I could try and send you the link, but I know we I could send you some files, the WAV files a little bit later.
01:29:05.57
Say
That's good. try and send you the link, but not I can send you some files, the WAV files. a little bit later
01:29:13.13
Gene
But yeah.
01:29:13.02
Say
But yeah.
01:29:13.08
Wednesday Lee Friday
sweet so yeah we'll um what we'll do is um we'll have the link in the bio uh if you want to go over there and check it out and we will also I have a song at the end of the episode after the Mad Libs, so listen for that.
01:29:26.77
Say
Yay.
01:29:27.02
Gene
Yes.
01:29:28.51
Say
Yeah, I try to go over a lot of different genres that I'm doing.
01:29:28.60
Gene
Yeah, I try to go over a lot of different genres when I'm doing this music.
01:29:28.81
Wednesday Lee Friday
We're out.
01:29:32.72
Say
with music.
01:29:33.22
Gene
It's character music that I end up focusing on a lot in what I've been doing recently with the channel.
01:29:33.69
Say
is character music that I ended up focusing on a lot in what I've been doing recently with the channel. even though we do upload obviously with clips and um
01:29:40.11
Gene
um Even though we do upload some gaming clips. and and some funny things here and there.
01:29:44.43
Say
and some funny things here and there.
01:29:46.44
Gene
um the bulk of it is music that i've done for people's characters as a a commission
01:29:46.35
Say
The bulk of it is music that I've done for people's characters. as a ah commission. So.
01:29:53.29
Gene
um so I have a few ones that I i think ended up.
01:29:54.59
Say
I have a few ones that I i think ended up.
01:29:57.33
Gene
turning out particularly well um and the views seem to think so also
01:29:57.65
Say
turned out particularly well. and the views seem to think so also. that I'll be sending, but.
01:30:03.12
Gene
um that i'll i'll be sending but
01:30:05.23
Say
um
01:30:05.33
Gene
I'm
01:30:05.87
Say
consistently coming out with more music in this season for some reason feeling more music creation in this time around well actually the conditions are starting to come open
01:30:06.50
Gene
consistently coming out with more music in this season for some reason, feeling more music creation-y this time around. so actually the commissions are starting to come open.
01:30:13.48
Wednesday Lee Friday
Wow.
01:30:15.58
Gene
for any character music and character art if someone has a character in mind that they have.
01:30:16.02
Say
for new character music. correct your heart. if someone has a character in mind that they have maybe if they don't
01:30:22.48
Gene
Maybe if they don't.
01:30:23.55
Say
that they would come to us.
01:30:23.67
Gene
that they would come to us and you know share their idea and we would
01:30:25.49
Say
and you know share their idea. and we would ideally want to make their character idea something tangible, something that they can hear.
01:30:29.17
Gene
ideally want to make their character ideas something tangible, something that they can hear. and possibly something that they can see.
01:30:34.46
Say
and possibly something that they can see.
01:30:38.12
Wednesday Lee Friday
That is so cool. That's so cool. And plus, I don't know if you know, I'm about to cut together a new ah book trailer because I'm re-releasing all my long form stuff.
01:30:47.11
Gene
oh
01:30:48.58
Say
Oh yeah!
01:30:48.64
Gene
Oh, yeah.
01:30:48.91
Wednesday Lee Friday
So I'm going to need a score for a book trailer pretty soon.
01:30:51.88
Say
Oh.
01:30:52.04
Gene
Oh, okay.
01:30:52.71
Say
Okay, we have that covered.
01:30:53.08
Gene
Might have that covered.
01:30:54.42
Say
I'm gonna do something like that.
01:30:53.99
Gene
I'll be able to do something like that.
01:30:55.40
Say
Some strings.
01:30:55.57
Gene
Some strings, some orchestral happenings.
01:30:56.67
Say
Some orchestral happenings. Yeah, let us know.
01:30:59.24
Wednesday Lee Friday
Sweet. Sweet! So we're actually nearing the end of our time. So I need to know, is there anything that you guys wanted to cover that we did not get to?
01:31:10.29
Say
Okay. Let me see, let me see, let me see. Oh! Yes, yes, yes. We didn't get to talk about the... The um...
01:31:23.74
Say
The Halloween campaign. For the tea house.
01:31:26.42
Gene
Yes.
01:31:26.72
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh.
01:31:27.56
Say
That's coming up. Yeah.
01:31:29.04
Gene
Yes!
01:31:30.06
Say
Yeah, this is gonna highlight. for everyone all right so their uh spooky month is coming up and you know we all love that it's my time Yes.
01:31:38.33
Gene
Coming up. and We all love it. That's my time.
01:31:39.29
Wednesday Lee Friday
h Yep. Yep
01:31:41.00
Say
Um... So yeah, it's not only Jean's birthday, but I'm debuting as a professional DM for the first time at our local game store, Mana & Mocha. and pomerton pa so if anybody's interested to um come for the in-person session we're doing haunted forest it's a murder mystery
01:31:51.66
Wednesday Lee Friday
Nice.
01:32:01.99
Say
It's going to be featuring in-person session, custom character music raffle done by Gene over here.
01:32:09.38
Gene
That's right
01:32:09.67
Say
A custom teacup art raffle worth $50 done by the amazing artist Atropa. Grim. um a easel art contest on the reality app and special loot drops throughout the throughout the month and you might get that special legendary weapon that you always wanted or for your character or that special piece of art.
01:32:26.76
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh wow.
01:32:33.65
Say
You see that?
01:32:33.34
Wednesday Lee Friday
Neat.
01:32:33.76
Gene
Yes it is!
01:32:35.67
Say
There you go.
01:32:35.55
Wednesday Lee Friday
Wow. Cool.
01:32:39.24
Say
The tea hound.
01:32:39.36
Gene
the tea house
01:32:39.42
Wednesday Lee Friday
All right. is Is there anything else that we need to cover, you guys? I don't want to leave anything out because you're both so fascinating.
01:32:47.79
Say
Oh, the coping skills. I guess we could go through someone and one of those really quickly. because that's really good for the
01:32:52.75
Wednesday Lee Friday
oh yeah if you've got if you've got coping skills you want to share about uh for add or for um autism just for you know getting through the day By all means.
01:32:54.65
Say
within you. Yeah.
01:32:59.03
Say
Yeah.
01:33:03.38
Say
Yeah. Yes, yes, for the neurodivergence or anybody that helps with because the... The, um... the mindfulness tech is there.
01:33:13.13
Gene
Mm hmm.
01:33:13.23
Say
so um My favorite go-to is when Jean can help me do the 5-4-3-2-1 technique is the five things you can see.
01:33:24.38
Say
Four things you can feel. 3. You can hear Two, you can smell and one you can taste and it's used for a grounding.
01:33:30.46
Gene
smell one you can taste For grounding. It's like a mic.
01:33:34.51
Say
It's like a mindfulness and DBT exercise.
01:33:37.65
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay. and And you're finding that helpful? How often do you find yourself using it?
01:33:45.45
Say
Let's see If I'm lucky, like... a couple times a week or so.
01:33:52.40
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay.
01:33:52.77
Say
We're getting better at it. It's still a work in progress.
01:33:55.85
Gene
Mm-hmm.
01:33:56.55
Say
this
01:33:57.42
Wednesday Lee Friday
Well, and that's actually a really important thing to keep in mind with any kind of ah coping skill or tool or. ah you know even like medications and stuff that it's always a work in progress There's good days. There's bad days. And just because you have a bad day doesn't mean you can't pick yourself up and and start again.
01:34:19.33
Say
Thank you.
01:34:19.73
Wednesday Lee Friday
And that can be really hard to to keep in mind. it's the kind You know, because when things are feeling overwhelming.
01:34:22.45
Gene
little been
01:34:26.04
Wednesday Lee Friday
You know, you get into that, like, what's the point? Why does it matter? Kind of stuff. And that just keeps you from doing what you need to do.
01:34:30.99
Gene
Mm-hmm.
01:34:33.52
Say
Yeah.
01:34:33.58
Gene
Yeah. Yeah.
01:34:34.56
Say
Yeah, the paralysis. What do you call it? The paralysis?
01:34:37.70
Gene
Analysis paralysis. now
01:34:38.56
Say
Analysis paralysis.
01:34:39.20
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep. Yep.
01:34:41.24
Say
Yeah.
01:34:41.89
Wednesday Lee Friday
That is true.
01:34:42.06
Gene
Mm hmm.
01:34:43.49
Wednesday Lee Friday
Um. Oh go ahead.
01:34:46.93
Say
Yeah.
01:34:47.04
Gene
Yes.
01:34:47.56
Say
um so
01:34:47.31
Gene
um so Their way of the ninja thing is cool.
01:34:49.23
Say
The Way of the Ninja thing is cool. like being It's as easy as it sounds.
01:34:52.32
Gene
It's cheesy as it sounds. It's still one of those things where...
01:34:54.11
Say
one of those things where if you're lost or if you're struggling with like
01:34:56.54
Gene
If you're lost ah or if you're struggling with like.
01:35:01.04
Say
maybe an imposter syndrome I've heard.
01:35:01.16
Gene
Maybe imposter syndrome. I've heard It could be applied to, but.
01:35:03.65
Say
um it could be applied to but Sometimes people feel like they're doing like a...
01:35:07.20
Gene
Sometimes people feel like they're doing like a a mill a wheel mill situation like they're stuck like that too and i've been seeing that um this sort of philosophy has been being used for all sorts of manifest manifestation for people's lives you know um being able to
01:35:09.49
Say
a mill a wheel situation like this stuff like that too and i'm seeing that this sort of philosophy has been being used for all sorts of manifest manifestation uh for people's life you know and i'm being able to have the thing that you're uniquely interested in and to take time to be able to work on that or even possibly make that your thing.
01:35:25.41
Gene
Have the thing that you're uniquely interested in and take time to be able to work on that or even possibly make that your thing. um alongside of that Um, Another.
01:35:33.25
Say
Alongside of that. um Mother. things ikigai
01:35:36.26
Gene
Thing is Ikigai
01:35:38.20
Say
I've heard of that, and they have different ways of...
01:35:38.31
Gene
I've heard of that and they have different ways of representing.
01:35:41.97
Say
representing
01:35:43.56
Gene
how you integrate
01:35:44.20
Say
how you integrate. your work, your life, and other people like socially together.
01:35:45.68
Gene
your work, your life. and other people like socially together as
01:35:50.75
Say
Yes. Nice.
01:35:51.98
Gene
nice tech.
01:35:53.05
Say
for you.
01:35:53.16
Gene
for um you know centering yourself in in
01:35:53.83
Say
you know centering yourself in in in a society or in for your life.
01:35:57.05
Gene
in a society or in for your life.
01:35:59.98
Say
And.
01:36:00.10
Gene
And. i like um
01:36:01.10
Say
I like. um All the fortune telling.
01:36:03.27
Gene
All the fortune telling.
01:36:05.05
Say
oh yeah we didn't get to talk about tarot cards witchy my witchy cells from that
01:36:05.17
Gene
Um,
01:36:05.46
Wednesday Lee Friday
Sure.
01:36:10.44
Gene
Yes! It's good tech. Good humanity. Good humanity in there.
01:36:14.96
Say
in there
01:36:15.30
Gene
yeah like I feel like we need that.
01:36:15.53
Say
Yeah. I feel like we need that.
01:36:18.37
Gene
We need this stuff.
01:36:18.25
Say
We need this. Oh.
01:36:19.63
Gene
And it's like, it has.
01:36:19.51
Say
and it's like has The hands are up now.
01:36:21.67
Gene
It has a a really strong science to this.
01:36:22.83
Say
a really strong science to it too.
01:36:24.100
Gene
to it too.
01:36:26.10
Say
You know, you have, you know, Mars, Alpha, maybe Libras.
01:36:26.24
Gene
You know, you got Pluto, Mars, however it may be, Libras. um Scorpio, Taurus, whoever, or rabbit.
01:36:30.27
Say
um scorpio utaris whatever or grabbing. um
01:36:34.68
Gene
um go rabid ox
01:36:35.38
Say
your rabbit isn't
01:36:38.02
Gene
um, in any of those and they have different
01:36:38.86
Say
in any of those have different
01:36:38.80
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yep.
01:36:41.12
Gene
um techniques for combining those like we found primal astrology um particularly interesting and it mixes mixes your greek sign and your Chinese sign.
01:36:41.84
Say
techniques for combining them. What have we found? primal astrology. particularly interesting. and it mixes your greek sign and your Chinese son. and they they give you another song.
01:36:52.23
Gene
And they they give you another sign.
01:36:54.49
Say
So I'm a butterfly.
01:36:54.34
Gene
So I'm a butterfly.
01:36:55.67
Say
i So I'm a fight and a rabbit.
01:36:56.77
Gene
So I'm a rabbit.
01:36:58.92
Say
that is mixed with uh libra And that's the habit.
01:36:59.05
Gene
that is mixed with um a libra and that's and they have a whole chart on this website that shows you all sorts of um combinations like that but really i mean all of them you know i feel like all a lot of these things can give you um oh the myers-briggs one the enneagrams
01:37:03.01
Say
chart on this website that shows you all different combinations like that. But really, I mean all of them. I feel like a lot of these things can give you, oh, the Myers-Briggs one, the Enneagram.
01:37:15.36
Wednesday Lee Friday
uh-huh Yep.
01:37:15.61
Say
mm-hmm they're all good tools to be able to help.
01:37:16.35
Gene
They're all good like tools to be able to help.
01:37:19.87
Say
you
01:37:19.97
Gene
you
01:37:21.08
Say
and or your character if you're doing a role play
01:37:21.19
Gene
and and or your character if you're doing or a role play. um
01:37:26.10
Say
um help you be able to figure out where you're lacking at or things to look out for for self-improvement.
01:37:27.34
Gene
help you be able to figure out where you may be lacking at or things to look out for for self improvement.
01:37:34.03
Say
you know it's Again, knowing yourself, if you can be...
01:37:34.13
Gene
um you know it's again knowing yourself if you can be your best self um and operate ethically amongst people um then i feel like if everybody's doing that
01:37:37.66
Say
your best self and operate ethically amongst people, then I feel like if everybody's doing that...
01:37:45.84
Gene
We should all be in a better place, you know.
01:37:45.17
Say
We should all be in a better place.
01:37:45.76
Wednesday Lee Friday
Hmm.
01:37:47.19
Say
you know
01:37:47.94
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yes.
01:37:49.03
Say
mm-hmm
01:37:48.78
Wednesday Lee Friday
Yes.
01:37:51.51
Wednesday Lee Friday
All right.
01:37:52.43
Say
Nice.
01:37:53.63
Wednesday Lee Friday
Well, the last thing we do here before the Mad Lib is that I like to give guests opportunity to ask me a question if they have one. So now is the time.
01:38:04.86
Say
Right. Oh, yes. I had heard that you started doing resin projects and I actually have a big interest in that as well. So what tips can you give for like a beginner?
01:38:15.85
Say
Like me.
01:38:16.25
Wednesday Lee Friday
Oh, yeah, I do two part resin and also I've been doing UV resin because H got me a sweet lamp for UV resin.
01:38:25.97
Wednesday Lee Friday
So I make lots of jewelry.
01:38:26.65
Say
That's cool.
01:38:28.44
Wednesday Lee Friday
Um, A lot of it is spooky stuff. I like doing embeds. plus H will make me designs and I can print them out on transparencies and then embed them so I can make like any design in the world so I can do my logo and stuff. um
01:38:43.89
Wednesday Lee Friday
I think the most important thing to keep in mind with resin is to use proper PPE. Like that's the number one thing. Make sure you have ventilation, fans, or an air filter, something like that. You know, use the right kind of gloves, use eye protection, use a respirator mask.
01:39:02.71
Wednesday Lee Friday
Do not mess around with that sort of thing, because... If it is going to impact your health, it will sneak up on you.
01:39:11.10
Say
so
01:39:11.01
Wednesday Lee Friday
You'll feel fine, fine, fine, fine, fine. And then suddenly you'll have a rash or you can't breathe or, you know, so be really careful about that aspect of it.
01:39:16.78
Say
Yeah.
01:39:21.59
Say
Mm hmm.
01:39:21.70
Wednesday Lee Friday
But otherwise... Um. the the The thing to keep in mind I think is that when you do projects, especially when you first start. They're not going to turn out.
01:39:32.85
Wednesday Lee Friday
Exactly the way you planned. There's definitely going to be a learning curve. But. The fact that something didn't turn out exactly how you planned it doesn't mean that it's... can't be enjoyed by someone.
01:39:45.31
Wednesday Lee Friday
I think. Bubbles are one of the things in resin that people get super freaked out about. Oh my God, there's a bubble, it's ruined. But as a consumer, as a person who likes pretty things, a bubble might enhance the design or it might just provide a wabi-sabi kind of uniqueness.
01:39:52.23
Say
thing
01:39:52.66
Gene
her
01:40:02.73
Wednesday Lee Friday
that reminds people that this is the only one of these there is in the whole wide world.
01:40:08.86
Say
That's a nice thought. that's cool
01:40:10.76
Gene
That's cool.
01:40:13.58
Say
um
01:40:13.71
Gene
um
01:40:14.80
Say
I had a question.
01:40:14.91
Gene
I had a question, yes.
01:40:15.91
Say
Yes. um
01:40:16.80
Gene
Um, So...
01:40:17.64
Say
So.
01:40:18.07
Gene
I know for me.
01:40:18.64
Say
I know for me. Return of the living dead.
01:40:20.23
Gene
Return of the Living Dead.
01:40:21.83
Say
was is kind of like my favorite one.
01:40:21.91
Gene
uh was it's kind of like my favorite one it's kind of like my favorite because
01:40:24.44
Say
it's kind of like my favorite because when I was younger than I thought.
01:40:26.75
Gene
um when i was younger and i saw it
01:40:28.89
Say
i thought this is one of the scary movies ever like this this thing was
01:40:29.01
Gene
I thought. was one of the most scary movies ever like this this thing was creepy, it was icky, it was ugly, the one in the basement that they found.
01:40:32.69
Say
creepy it was icky as ugly the one in the basement that they found
01:40:36.81
Wednesday Lee Friday
Mm hmm.
01:40:37.77
Say
Um.
01:40:37.87
Gene
ah And, um...
01:40:38.36
Say
and um
01:40:39.98
Gene
But when I got older, I saw that and I'm like, this is one of the most hilarious movies I've ever seen in my life.
01:40:39.86
Say
but when i got older i saw that and now i'm like this is one of the most hilarious movies i've ever seen in my life before
01:40:44.97
Wednesday Lee Friday
yeah ah
01:40:48.30
Say
Are there any like horror movies like that where you've had with a very different experience of it after viewing it the second time or after years apart?
01:40:48.41
Gene
Are there any like horror movies like that where you've had like a a very different experience of it after viewing it the second time or after years apart?
01:40:58.84
Wednesday Lee Friday
Um... Yeah, I think. There are movies, certainly movies that I found very scary as a kid and then as an adult was like, what?
01:41:10.38
Wednesday Lee Friday
um There is a movie and I don't even remember the name of this movie, but it's about killer bees because in the 70s, we were all very sure that the killer bees were en route and that we were all done for.
01:41:17.36
Say
Hmm.
01:41:17.48
Gene
oh
01:41:19.22
Say
Mm hmm.
01:41:19.30
Gene
o ah
01:41:22.100
Say
The nature is going to kill us in those days.
01:41:23.27
Gene
The nature is out to kill us in those days.
01:41:23.04
Wednesday Lee Friday
Um.
01:41:25.05
Say
That reminds me of birds.
01:41:25.21
Gene
The rabbits, the snakes.
01:41:26.97
Wednesday Lee Friday
I was...
01:41:27.43
Gene
the
01:41:28.04
Wednesday Lee Friday
i was maybe uh five or six and i saw this movie about killer bees and it ends
01:41:28.81
Gene
The birds! you know The bees.
01:41:31.77
Say
ease
01:41:32.02
Gene
bees
01:41:35.02
Gene
go
01:41:36.37
Wednesday Lee Friday
with a guy. There's a whole bunch of Boy Scouts and they're trapped in a school bus because they were on a field trip of some kind.
01:41:42.41
Gene
see
01:41:42.88
Wednesday Lee Friday
And the bees were getting them.
01:41:42.91
Gene
Mm-hmm.
01:41:44.39
Wednesday Lee Friday
They were all over the bus. And so they're trying to shut the windows, but it's a shitty school bus.
01:41:46.17
Say
thank
01:41:49.76
Wednesday Lee Friday
So they're kind of getting in anyway.
01:41:49.94
Gene
It's too late.
01:41:50.06
Say
Me none.
01:41:50.66
Gene
No.
01:41:51.26
Wednesday Lee Friday
Some of them are stuck.
01:41:51.57
Gene
No. Yeah.
01:41:52.64
Wednesday Lee Friday
They're like holding clothes in front of the windows, trying to keep the bees out.
01:41:56.10
Gene
no Ah.
01:41:56.36
Wednesday Lee Friday
But they're killer bees.
01:41:56.61
Say
um
01:41:57.70
Wednesday Lee Friday
So if they get in there, apparently they're going to kill a bunch of children.
01:42:01.31
Say
You'll like it.
01:42:01.06
Wednesday Lee Friday
so some guy is like okay well you know i guess he was the main character i i was a kid but so he's like okay well spray me with bee pheromones and then lower me over it in a helicopter and so that's what they they spray this guy with bee pheromones take a helicopter and lower him down over the bus and all the bees go on him and they sting him to death and he dies
01:42:03.91
Gene
Anyone?
01:42:17.40
Gene
Wow.
01:42:25.52
Say
know
01:42:25.63
Gene
Wow
01:42:25.94
Wednesday Lee Friday
And when I was a kid. I cried so hard. Like, my stepdad was worried. He's like, okay, you you know this is a movie.
01:42:33.32
Say
No.
01:42:34.70
Wednesday Lee Friday
You know what a movie is, right?
01:42:35.72
Gene
yeah right
01:42:36.42
Wednesday Lee Friday
But the thing is, I didn't. When I was a kid and I saw a shark movie, I was trying to figure out like how long ahead of the time that you shot the movie they would pay you so you had time to have fun with the money before you had to go get eaten by a shark.
01:42:38.81
Say
Thank you.
01:42:38.95
Gene
a
01:42:50.61
Wednesday Lee Friday
like i did not as a child did not have a concept that movies were not real
01:42:51.01
Gene
and know
01:42:52.23
Say
Amen.
01:42:52.34
Gene
Mm hmm.
01:42:54.69
Say
you Right.
01:42:56.43
Gene
Right.
01:42:56.59
Wednesday Lee Friday
no one explained that was like when i learned that they weren't really real and i just remember my well anyway
01:43:00.89
Gene
Aww.
01:43:04.05
Say
Mm hmm.
01:43:04.08
Wednesday Lee Friday
Fast forward, like a number of decades. And this movie came on TV. and it was like wow this this dialogue is terrible this camera work is bad like my standards were just not up to snuff when i was in kindergarten man where i did not have a discerning eye so So yes, that that is my ah my main example of that, was that I did not cry the second time through, but I was very upset the first time.
01:43:15.75
Gene
it's right
01:43:20.52
Gene
Oh Shoo!
01:43:31.86
Wednesday Lee Friday
through.
01:43:32.58
Say
Gotcha. That was cool.
01:43:32.69
Gene
Gotcha. That's cool.
01:43:35.52
Say
Thanks. Thanks for that.
01:43:35.64
Gene
Thanks. Thanks for that.
01:43:37.18
Wednesday Lee Friday
All right, kids, it's time for the Mad Lib. Are you ready for this?
01:43:42.70
Say
Let's go.
01:43:42.82
Gene
Let's go. and What is the mad label that we will find out?
01:43:43.75
Say
What is the medical that we will find out? I'm scared.
01:43:46.29
Wednesday Lee Friday
All right, so I am going to give you some parts of speech. You are going to give me words. Usually I do like a whole bunch of the same kind of thing together, but because there's two of you, we kind of got to go every other one. So say we'll start with you. Give me an adjective.
01:44:02.45
Say
adjectives, descriptor things. um Let me see.
01:44:10.73
Say
know i know I know adjectives.
01:44:10.79
Gene
i Got a funny one No adjectives.
01:44:12.89
Say
God damn it. this This one, um I'm going to get one because I was just wondering.
01:44:15.38
Gene
this This one I'm gonna give one because I was just looking it up today because someone said it
01:44:18.14
Say
it up today. The film was The End. Scared.
01:44:20.56
Gene
Scary.
01:44:23.17
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay. Then say you could give me a noun.
01:44:27.14
Say
Yeah. Nailed it. Scary dog.
01:44:32.90
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay, I need a plural noun.
01:44:38.48
Say
Oh no, I didn't know we were going back to school. Alright, uh, school.
01:44:42.15
Gene
schools
01:44:44.20
Say
Drugs. Dogs.
01:44:45.52
Gene
Dogs.
01:44:46.26
Say
Dog and dog.
01:44:46.04
Gene
Dog and dogs.
01:44:47.94
Say
oh two Oh, another one. A different one.
01:44:50.30
Wednesday Lee Friday
Well, okay, wait, so I need two more nouns.
01:44:50.72
Gene
I don't know
01:44:52.71
Wednesday Lee Friday
So both of you give me one
01:44:54.62
Say
Oh okay. dogs and um or one people.
01:45:02.44
Say
So we got dog, people and... Amen.
01:45:06.61
Gene
ah
01:45:08.91
Say
i want to say dog work i mean i'll just say the park
01:45:09.01
Gene
I want to say dog park, but I'll just say the park.
01:45:14.41
Wednesday Lee Friday
okay so there's person in room that's going to be say because i'm just calling it um
01:45:16.33
Gene
Central Park.
01:45:20.10
Say
Okay.
01:45:20.22
Gene
Okay.
01:45:20.95
Wednesday Lee Friday
Alright, you know what? I need a bunch of more nouns. I need like five or six more nouns. Just start giving them to me.
01:45:25.57
Say
This makes me want to know. Okay.
01:45:27.92
Gene
Okay.
01:45:29.73
Say
Who else? goal.
01:45:33.34
Say
Mm-hmm.
01:45:33.45
Gene
I like that one.
01:45:34.84
Say
Um... Who knows? um Find someone else. tree.
01:45:43.27
Gene
Dragon.
01:45:43.19
Say
Wagon. Ahoy! All right.
01:45:46.19
Gene
A dragon?
01:45:46.71
Say
Dragon.
01:45:46.90
Gene
Dragon.
01:45:47.95
Wednesday Lee Friday
All right All right. Got it? One two three more singular nouns
01:45:54.42
Say
box
01:45:58.34
Say
Light. A light. Sorry.
01:46:00.87
Wednesday Lee Friday
alright
01:46:01.08
Gene
Sword.
01:46:02.62
Wednesday Lee Friday
sword.
01:46:02.96
Say
Sword.
01:46:04.84
Wednesday Lee Friday
And I need two more plural nouns.
01:46:12.26
Say
Fish.
01:46:16.62
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay, one more.
01:46:22.48
Say
That's one that comes in a bunch.
01:46:25.91
Say
Bananas.
01:46:27.73
Gene
ah
01:46:29.84
Wednesday Lee Friday
All right, and I need one more adjective from each of you, please.
01:46:38.46
Say
Sultry? How's that one?
01:46:41.40
Wednesday Lee Friday
Nice.
01:46:41.79
Say
That's it.
01:46:41.94
Gene
Fantastic.
01:46:41.98
Wednesday Lee Friday
face.
01:46:42.47
Gene
Hey.
01:46:43.17
Say
dastardly.
01:46:44.20
Wednesday Lee Friday
Dastardly.
01:46:47.44
Wednesday Lee Friday
Okay, I think that's actually an adverb.
01:46:50.32
Say
oops
01:46:50.45
Gene
oops
01:46:52.05
Say
um Let's go.
01:46:52.80
Gene
Let's go
01:46:53.90
Wednesday Lee Friday
No, wait, no, I think I think that's not true. I think no it just it has an ly but it's not actually an adverb that's just me okay so so that's it so here we go
01:47:02.53
Gene
Okay.
01:47:04.79
Wednesday Lee Friday
This is called In... Oh and in local news. small-time Small town life doesn't mean big things don't happen. Here are some of the scary events taking place this weekend and next in Little Dog Falls.
01:47:22.76
Wednesday Lee Friday
Stop by the Brotherhood of the Dogs Lounge. lodge on Sunday for an all-you-can-eat park breakfast. to benefit the town's skull rescue shelter.
01:47:36.23
Wednesday Lee Friday
Mayor say we'll be flipping hotcakes and grilling tree patties.
01:47:42.92
Wednesday Lee Friday
Join us for the grand opening of the town's first Dragon Mart! A limited edition box will be given away to the first 100 Sultry shoppers.
01:47:55.01
Say
Oh.
01:47:55.07
Gene
oh
01:47:56.09
Say
Jazzy.
01:47:55.95
Wednesday Lee Friday
Next weekend is the annual Light Festival. vendors will be selling fresh picked people and baked fish will be available.
01:48:03.53
Say
you
01:48:03.89
Gene
seven
01:48:05.56
Say
really
01:48:06.77
Wednesday Lee Friday
Come hungry.
01:48:07.10
Say
for its big people.
01:48:07.24
Gene
<unk> Respect people.
01:48:09.14
Wednesday Lee Friday
Come hungry and leave dastardly.
01:48:12.35
Say
in delete Yeah, right.
01:48:12.91
Gene
Yeah, that's right.
01:48:13.67
Say
i think go leave that
01:48:14.43
Gene
Nice.
01:48:14.48
Wednesday Lee Friday
And finally...
01:48:16.34
Say
nothing
01:48:16.37
Wednesday Lee Friday
Mark your calendar for the community garage sale.
01:48:16.49
Gene
ah
01:48:20.72
Wednesday Lee Friday
Unearth your unused bananas and sell them for a few bucks.
01:48:23.88
Say
Hmm.
01:48:23.100
Gene
ah
01:48:25.64
Wednesday Lee Friday
Remember, one man's sword is another man's treasure.
01:48:31.96
Say
yeah
01:48:32.19
Wednesday Lee Friday
And there we have it.
01:48:34.10
Say
Nice.
01:48:35.41
Wednesday Lee Friday
Irreverent. All right, you guys, I am so glad we could finally do this.
01:48:37.92
Gene
ah
01:48:39.90
Wednesday Lee Friday
Thank you so much for being here. Stay tuned everybody. Cause there's going to be music. after the outro. um And we will see everybody next week.
01:48:50.93
Say
Ooh. Bye.
01:48:52.42
Gene
Bye everybody. Thank you.
01:48:53.39
Say
Thank you. Thank you.
Comments
Post a Comment